10 best ankle boots for autumn
From wear-with-everything Chelsea boots to leopard print lace-ups, here’s versatile footwear to see you through the transitional weeks
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Thursday 04 September 2014
The weather might be less-than-summery but the cooler days and nights are a perfect excuse to swap your summer sandals for some practical but stylish boots.
This little lot are all super-versatile, won’t hurt your feet, and between them cover all of the trends for autumn and winter 2014. From New Look’s good-value chunky black pair for under £30 up to Lama Peach’s cool customisable Taryn boots (£270), there’s something for all budgets too.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you don’t want to spend too much and you’re not quite ready to encase your feet just yet, go for River Island’s cut-out boots. For a pair that won’t date and you can walk miles in, our pick is Clarks' Mariella Busby, classic Chelsea boots. Or if you’re looking to splash out on something you won’t see on every high street, check out Seven Boot Lane’s super-cool, limited-edition pieces.
Read More 10 best cushions
10 best statement rings
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'