Office chic: 10 best work dresses
If you resolved to sort out your wardrobe this January, start with snapping up this season's most stylish dresses for the daily grind
Tuesday 21 January 2014
These days, a "work dress" doesn't have to be something staid and plain. Dressing like you mean business is as much about the cut and the fit as anything else. We've scoured the high-street and the web to find pieces that are flattering, office appropriate and on-trend, in one perfectly formed packaged.
From Whistles' pretty-with-an-edge Lorie Spray Paint Bodycon number, to Closet's sweet Contrast Collar Dress, there's something to suit all tastes and budgets.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For women who want something affordable and that travels well (that is, doesn’t crease easily), don’t miss the Just Blue Marl Runched V Neck Dress. The added bonus is that it works well for an evening out too. For a dress that will stand out in the office, we'd go for French Connection's Abstract Animal Jersey Dress.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night