Office chic: 10 best work dresses
If you resolved to sort out your wardrobe this January, start with snapping up this season's most stylish dresses for the daily grind
Tuesday 21 January 2014
These days, a "work dress" doesn't have to be something staid and plain. Dressing like you mean business is as much about the cut and the fit as anything else. We've scoured the high-street and the web to find pieces that are flattering, office appropriate and on-trend, in one perfectly formed packaged.
From Whistles' pretty-with-an-edge Lorie Spray Paint Bodycon number, to Closet's sweet Contrast Collar Dress, there's something to suit all tastes and budgets.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For women who want something affordable and that travels well (that is, doesn’t crease easily), don’t miss the Just Blue Marl Runched V Neck Dress. The added bonus is that it works well for an evening out too. For a dress that will stand out in the office, we'd go for French Connection's Abstract Animal Jersey Dress.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish independence results live: Reunited kingdom - Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair