Soft and smooth: 10 best hand creams
Keep dry and work-weary hands smooth and soft this winter with one of these soothing skin-savers
Thursday 16 January 2014
There are hundreds of hand creams on the market, so how do you know which ones are best? Experts will tell you the perfect hand cream should feel as though the skin is being fed with nourishment and ideally, it should protect against age spots and wrinkles too.
But it can still be hard to find the right one for your hands particularly at this time of year. Cold weather is notorious for leaving even young hands feeling dry or chapped and often aging them years ahead of their time.
E45 Moisturising Hand Cream shows that you don’t have to spend a fortune to get them feeling soft and young again. While The Hand Treatment from Crème de la Mer The Hand Treatment reveals that if you have particularly problem hands, splashing out can sometimes be well worth the investment. Meanwhile, Crabtree & Evelyn Gardener’s Hand Therapy is a lesson that names can be deceiving. Indeed, people who’ve never been near a garden spade in their lives swear by this superb cream.
Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream is a longstanding favourite – and with good reason. Since 1979, it has been replenishing hands and taking years off them. But there are some excellent newcomers to the market too, particularly Liz Earle’s Superskin Hand Serum, a silky and light cream that works a treat and won’t leave a greasy film.
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'