Food stuffs: 10 best recipe kits
Want to cook tasty meals, but can’t find the ingredients? Have recipe-ready produce delivered to your door
Tuesday 04 February 2014
Love cooking, but don’t have time to get the ingredients or the inspiration to find new recipes? In many ways, it’s a wonder recipe boxes weren’t invented years ago because they solve the problem brilliantly. Basically, you get a bunch of recipe cards and the food you need to cook them, all delivered in one neat package to your door.
With some, like The Recipe Kit, you get every ingredient you need, all pre-measured, whilst with others, like Simply Cook, you get all the hard-to-find ingredients like pastes and infused oils, along with a short list of fresh ingredients that you need to add.
With most recipe kits, the meals take no longer than half-an-hour to cook – and some take less – meaning you can use them mid-week, even when you’re home late from work. Others, such as Farmison’s Saturday Kitchen Box and Foodelity, take a bit longer, but with recipes impressive enough for posh dinner parties.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Housebites is brilliant for fresh local produce that’s all pre-measured and we also like the three options– classic, vegetarian and the new “lite” one for dieters. Hello Fresh is great for different ingredients and recipes that strike a balance of being inspiring yet easy. Gousto’s recipe cards are particularly easy to follow and the pictures alone will make your mouth water.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity