Grub's up: 10 best casserole dishes
Whether you’re cooking up a one-pot dish for a crowd, or making a meal to freeze and last, these versatile dishes will be useful additions to your kitchen
Once you get into the habit of throwing some ingredients together in one dish, putting it the oven and taking it out, ready to serve, a couple of hours later, you’ll wonder why there was ever a time when making a home cooked meal seemed too much effort.
Before you know it you’ll be popping round to ill neighbours or new parents to drop off a casserole you made them, especially when it’s a chance to show off these fab dishes; from Lakeland’s vintage style enamel range to the colourful Scoop! Stoneware selection.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to feel like an expert, the ProCook cast iron shallow casserole dish is weighty and attractive and great for the oooh factor when you bring a steaming dish to the table. For style points, Sophie Conran’s for Portmeirion is a winner, while the Denby dish is good value for its size.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory