Grub's up: 10 best casserole dishes
Whether you’re cooking up a one-pot dish for a crowd, or making a meal to freeze and last, these versatile dishes will be useful additions to your kitchen
Once you get into the habit of throwing some ingredients together in one dish, putting it the oven and taking it out, ready to serve, a couple of hours later, you’ll wonder why there was ever a time when making a home cooked meal seemed too much effort.
Before you know it you’ll be popping round to ill neighbours or new parents to drop off a casserole you made them, especially when it’s a chance to show off these fab dishes; from Lakeland’s vintage style enamel range to the colourful Scoop! Stoneware selection.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to feel like an expert, the ProCook cast iron shallow casserole dish is weighty and attractive and great for the oooh factor when you bring a steaming dish to the table. For style points, Sophie Conran’s for Portmeirion is a winner, while the Denby dish is good value for its size.
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Douglas Carswell tells Ukip to stop blaming foreigners as youth poll shows Nigel Farage is even less popular than Nick Clegg
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Downfall of Dustin 'Screech' Diamond, the 'Saved By The Bell' star charged with bar stabbing
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals