Grub's up: 10 best casserole dishes
Whether you’re cooking up a one-pot dish for a crowd, or making a meal to freeze and last, these versatile dishes will be useful additions to your kitchen
Once you get into the habit of throwing some ingredients together in one dish, putting it the oven and taking it out, ready to serve, a couple of hours later, you’ll wonder why there was ever a time when making a home cooked meal seemed too much effort.
Before you know it you’ll be popping round to ill neighbours or new parents to drop off a casserole you made them, especially when it’s a chance to show off these fab dishes; from Lakeland’s vintage style enamel range to the colourful Scoop! Stoneware selection.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to feel like an expert, the ProCook cast iron shallow casserole dish is weighty and attractive and great for the oooh factor when you bring a steaming dish to the table. For style points, Sophie Conran’s for Portmeirion is a winner, while the Denby dish is good value for its size.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow to replace sun as arctic air mass moves in