Snack happy: 10 best crisps
Classics they may be, but there’s more to these treats than cheese and onion or salt and vinegar. We round up the best, from the exotically flavoured to those made with the finest ingredients
Friday 28 February 2014
Salt and vinegar and limp cheese and onion will no longer suffice. Now specialist crisp companies are coming up with innovative flavours, hand-cooked using the finest ingredients.
We’ve crunched our way through many a packet to find the best out there. From the meal-in-a-crisp-packet that is Burts Guinness Rich Beef Chilli, to the simple but sublime San Nicasio’s Patatas Fritas.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest
San Nicasio’s crisps might be pricey but they are a cut above other simple salted offerings – great for impressing friends with your pre-dinner party eats. For a tasty snack pack, Pipers’ chorizo crisps have just the right amount of spice. And for an out-of-the-ordinary bag that gives a little bit back, we liked Cornish Crisp Company’s Cornish pasty flavour.
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
- 1 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 2 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 3 Alton Towers Air breaks down: 80 people stuck on broken down Monorail during heatwave
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government