Snack happy: 10 best crisps
Classics they may be, but there’s more to these treats than cheese and onion or salt and vinegar. We round up the best, from the exotically flavoured to those made with the finest ingredients
Friday 28 February 2014
Salt and vinegar and limp cheese and onion will no longer suffice. Now specialist crisp companies are coming up with innovative flavours, hand-cooked using the finest ingredients.
We’ve crunched our way through many a packet to find the best out there. From the meal-in-a-crisp-packet that is Burts Guinness Rich Beef Chilli, to the simple but sublime San Nicasio’s Patatas Fritas.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest
San Nicasio’s crisps might be pricey but they are a cut above other simple salted offerings – great for impressing friends with your pre-dinner party eats. For a tasty snack pack, Pipers’ chorizo crisps have just the right amount of spice. And for an out-of-the-ordinary bag that gives a little bit back, we liked Cornish Crisp Company’s Cornish pasty flavour.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27