Snack happy: 10 best crisps
Classics they may be, but there’s more to these treats than cheese and onion or salt and vinegar. We round up the best, from the exotically flavoured to those made with the finest ingredients
Friday 28 February 2014
Salt and vinegar and limp cheese and onion will no longer suffice. Now specialist crisp companies are coming up with innovative flavours, hand-cooked using the finest ingredients.
We’ve crunched our way through many a packet to find the best out there. From the meal-in-a-crisp-packet that is Burts Guinness Rich Beef Chilli, to the simple but sublime San Nicasio’s Patatas Fritas.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest
San Nicasio’s crisps might be pricey but they are a cut above other simple salted offerings – great for impressing friends with your pre-dinner party eats. For a tasty snack pack, Pipers’ chorizo crisps have just the right amount of spice. And for an out-of-the-ordinary bag that gives a little bit back, we liked Cornish Crisp Company’s Cornish pasty flavour.
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains
- 1 Cara Delevigne addresses awkward interview on Good Day Sacramento
- 2 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 3 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 4 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 5 MH370 debris: Investigators 'confident' that Boeing 777 wing found - live updates