10 best cordless drills
From hanging a picture to getting through tough masonry, we find the tool for the job
Friday 27 June 2014
Since very few of us get to escape DIY altogether, a cordless drill has become a staple in many households. For those that embrace DIY, it’s hard to think how you’d live without one.
If you rarely get involved and only have to drill the odd hole every now and then, you should probably go for a drill-driver with rotary action and screwdriver mode. If, on the other hand, your DIY projects extend to outside your home and in your garden, you might want to think about a combination drill.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Our number one spot goes to the Hitachi DV18DSFL/JC 18V, where downsides are genuinely hard to find. In second place comes the Makita BDF343RH 14.4v, while the third place goes to AEG BS18G.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now