10 best cordless drills
From hanging a picture to getting through tough masonry, we find the tool for the job
Friday 27 June 2014
Since very few of us get to escape DIY altogether, a cordless drill has become a staple in many households. For those that embrace DIY, it’s hard to think how you’d live without one.
If you rarely get involved and only have to drill the odd hole every now and then, you should probably go for a drill-driver with rotary action and screwdriver mode. If, on the other hand, your DIY projects extend to outside your home and in your garden, you might want to think about a combination drill.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Our number one spot goes to the Hitachi DV18DSFL/JC 18V, where downsides are genuinely hard to find. In second place comes the Makita BDF343RH 14.4v, while the third place goes to AEG BS18G.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory