10 best digital radios
From stylish retro-looking machines to sleek ultra-modern designs, Max Wallis tunes in to find the top receivers for our homes
Wednesday 13 August 2014
There's something special about having the radio on in the background that sparks the curious mind. In my experience I end up "Shazam'ing" more than ever. I'm not in control of what 80s classic will turn up next and somehow that's more liberating than retreading my own collection - consider it a form of aural exploration. From Roberts' retro-revival to modern visual poetry from Pure, we've tried a range of radios so you don't have to.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to splash out on the best, I'd recommend the Pure Sensia Connect or the Ruark R1. Both have excellent sound and great features. But for those on a budget you wouldn't go wrong by the Viewquest Retro or the John Lewis Spectrum Duo.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 5 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar