Workout: 10 best fitness trackers
Know exactly how hard you’re working (or not) on your walk, run cycle or even yoga session with one of these clever gadgets
Tuesday 01 July 2014
Recent studies show that just monitoring your fitness can lead you to be 26% more active. Wearable technology has now become such a big business that there is a dizzying array of fitness tracker available.
Most are compatible with smart phone app – check before you buy whether it will work with your particular phone. Samsung's gadgets only work with Samsung Galaxy handsets. Many others work with the iPhone, nearly all with android. But new apps are being developed every day. Here's our guide to the best trackers available now.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
What kind of activity will you be doing? If you're a keen runner then the Withings and TomTom gadgets offer the most sophistication. The best all-rounders are the Nike and Jawbone trackers. And the Samsung Gear Fit and Sony SmartBand both offer great looks and excellent apps.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights