Workout: 10 best fitness trackers
Know exactly how hard you’re working (or not) on your walk, run cycle or even yoga session with one of these clever gadgets
Tuesday 01 July 2014
Recent studies show that just monitoring your fitness can lead you to be 26% more active. Wearable technology has now become such a big business that there is a dizzying array of fitness tracker available.
Most are compatible with smart phone app – check before you buy whether it will work with your particular phone. Samsung's gadgets only work with Samsung Galaxy handsets. Many others work with the iPhone, nearly all with android. But new apps are being developed every day. Here's our guide to the best trackers available now.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
What kind of activity will you be doing? If you're a keen runner then the Withings and TomTom gadgets offer the most sophistication. The best all-rounders are the Nike and Jawbone trackers. And the Samsung Gear Fit and Sony SmartBand both offer great looks and excellent apps.
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers