Workout: 10 best fitness trackers
Know exactly how hard you’re working (or not) on your walk, run cycle or even yoga session with one of these clever gadgets
Tuesday 01 July 2014
Recent studies show that just monitoring your fitness can lead you to be 26% more active. Wearable technology has now become such a big business that there is a dizzying array of fitness tracker available.
Most are compatible with smart phone app – check before you buy whether it will work with your particular phone. Samsung's gadgets only work with Samsung Galaxy handsets. Many others work with the iPhone, nearly all with android. But new apps are being developed every day. Here's our guide to the best trackers available now.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
What kind of activity will you be doing? If you're a keen runner then the Withings and TomTom gadgets offer the most sophistication. The best all-rounders are the Nike and Jawbone trackers. And the Samsung Gear Fit and Sony SmartBand both offer great looks and excellent apps.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night