Workout: 10 best home fitness aids
Want to get fit? Try something you can use at home. With picks from fitness expert Charlotte Ord
Gym memberships are expensive and often you’ll find yourself opting to sit on the sofa rather than hitting the treadmill. According to recent statistics, 36 per cent of us have gym memberships we never or rarely use.
In an ideal world, we’d have cross trainers and step machines in our living rooms, but those are pricey too. Luckily there are lots of cheaper, effective options for doing your workout at home.
With the help of health and fitness expert Charlotte Ord (empowerproject.co.uk), we’ve found the best equipment to help you tone up, build strength and burn fat in the comfort of your own home. The aids range from the fun, like ResultSport’s weighted Hula Hoop and Tanita’s Calorie Jump skipping rope, to the serious bits of kit like PowerBlock Sport dumbbells.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
It’s hard to beat the Z-trainer for the range of exercises it allows. The York Kettlebell set is great value compared to others on the market and John Lewis’s hand weights will make an effective – but inexpensive - addition to your workout.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating