Workout: 10 best home fitness aids
Want to get fit? Try something you can use at home. With picks from fitness expert Charlotte Ord
Gym memberships are expensive and often you’ll find yourself opting to sit on the sofa rather than hitting the treadmill. According to recent statistics, 36 per cent of us have gym memberships we never or rarely use.
In an ideal world, we’d have cross trainers and step machines in our living rooms, but those are pricey too. Luckily there are lots of cheaper, effective options for doing your workout at home.
With the help of health and fitness expert Charlotte Ord (empowerproject.co.uk), we’ve found the best equipment to help you tone up, build strength and burn fat in the comfort of your own home. The aids range from the fun, like ResultSport’s weighted Hula Hoop and Tanita’s Calorie Jump skipping rope, to the serious bits of kit like PowerBlock Sport dumbbells.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
It’s hard to beat the Z-trainer for the range of exercises it allows. The York Kettlebell set is great value compared to others on the market and John Lewis’s hand weights will make an effective – but inexpensive - addition to your workout.
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >