Crease free: 10 best irons
None of us love ironing, but if you’ve got to put the hours in, it’s worth investing in a perfect presser.
Wednesday 22 January 2014
TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp recently said that she likes to do the ironing because she finds it 'therapeutic'. While most of us do not feel such joy in our hearts at the sight of a high pile of crumpled clothes in the laundry basket, it’s a job that has to be done.
From futuristic irons such as the Morphy Richards Comfigrip to steam generators like the Hoover Ironspeed, we have tackled our own piles of ironing to see how they fare.Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Curry's Logik L200IR12 is a bargain at under a tenner and will do nicely for the basics. Meanwhile, the Tefal Freemove is a good option if you’re always battling with the cord. For steam generators, Hoover Ironspeed is a long-standing favourite for a reason and Russell Hobbs Easy Store Plug & Wind is a fantastic all-rounder.
1. Morphy Richards Comfigrip, £52
2. Tefal Aquaspeed, £50
3. Hoover Ironspeed SRD4110, £279
6. Bosch TDA7060GB Steam Iron, £58
7. Rowenta Silence Steam, £207.57
8. Logik L200IR 12, £7.99
9. Tefal Freemove, £85
10. Philips PerfectCare Pure, £129.95
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat