Crease free: 10 best irons
None of us love ironing, but if you’ve got to put the hours in, it’s worth investing in a perfect presser.
Wednesday 22 January 2014
TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp recently said that she likes to do the ironing because she finds it 'therapeutic'. While most of us do not feel such joy in our hearts at the sight of a high pile of crumpled clothes in the laundry basket, it’s a job that has to be done.
From futuristic irons such as the Morphy Richards Comfigrip to steam generators like the Hoover Ironspeed, we have tackled our own piles of ironing to see how they fare.Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Curry's Logik L200IR12 is a bargain at under a tenner and will do nicely for the basics. Meanwhile, the Tefal Freemove is a good option if you’re always battling with the cord. For steam generators, Hoover Ironspeed is a long-standing favourite for a reason and Russell Hobbs Easy Store Plug & Wind is a fantastic all-rounder.
1. Morphy Richards Comfigrip, £52
2. Tefal Aquaspeed, £50
3. Hoover Ironspeed SRD4110, £279
6. Bosch TDA7060GB Steam Iron, £58
7. Rowenta Silence Steam, £207.57
8. Logik L200IR 12, £7.99
9. Tefal Freemove, £85
10. Philips PerfectCare Pure, £129.95
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 Top 20 misconceptions people believe are true
- 2 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 3 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 4 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'