Crease free: 10 best irons
None of us love ironing, but if you’ve got to put the hours in, it’s worth investing in a perfect presser.
Wednesday 22 January 2014
TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp recently said that she likes to do the ironing because she finds it 'therapeutic'. While most of us do not feel such joy in our hearts at the sight of a high pile of crumpled clothes in the laundry basket, it’s a job that has to be done.
From futuristic irons such as the Morphy Richards Comfigrip to steam generators like the Hoover Ironspeed, we have tackled our own piles of ironing to see how they fare.Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Curry's Logik L200IR12 is a bargain at under a tenner and will do nicely for the basics. Meanwhile, the Tefal Freemove is a good option if you’re always battling with the cord. For steam generators, Hoover Ironspeed is a long-standing favourite for a reason and Russell Hobbs Easy Store Plug & Wind is a fantastic all-rounder.
1. Morphy Richards Comfigrip, £52
2. Tefal Aquaspeed, £50
3. Hoover Ironspeed SRD4110, £279
6. Bosch TDA7060GB Steam Iron, £58
7. Rowenta Silence Steam, £207.57
8. Logik L200IR 12, £7.99
9. Tefal Freemove, £85
10. Philips PerfectCare Pure, £129.95
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges