Crease free: 10 best irons
None of us love ironing, but if you’ve got to put the hours in, it’s worth investing in a perfect presser.
Wednesday 22 January 2014
TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp recently said that she likes to do the ironing because she finds it 'therapeutic'. While most of us do not feel such joy in our hearts at the sight of a high pile of crumpled clothes in the laundry basket, it’s a job that has to be done.
From futuristic irons such as the Morphy Richards Comfigrip to steam generators like the Hoover Ironspeed, we have tackled our own piles of ironing to see how they fare.Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Curry's Logik L200IR12 is a bargain at under a tenner and will do nicely for the basics. Meanwhile, the Tefal Freemove is a good option if you’re always battling with the cord. For steam generators, Hoover Ironspeed is a long-standing favourite for a reason and Russell Hobbs Easy Store Plug & Wind is a fantastic all-rounder.
1. Morphy Richards Comfigrip, £52
2. Tefal Aquaspeed, £50
3. Hoover Ironspeed SRD4110, £279
6. Bosch TDA7060GB Steam Iron, £58
7. Rowenta Silence Steam, £207.57
8. Logik L200IR 12, £7.99
9. Tefal Freemove, £85
10. Philips PerfectCare Pure, £129.95
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach