Wireless: 10 best cordless vacuum cleaners
No more tripping over cables as you work your way around the house with these easy-to-manoeuvre machines
Tuesday 08 July 2014
Fed up of tripping over the vacuum cleaner cord or having to unplug your hoover again and again as you move round your home? It may be time to invest in a cordless vacuum cleaner.
Designed to operate using a battery pack, most models come with a charging station that makes it possible to recharge in between uses and they tend to be more lightweight than corded versions too.
Another plus point of cordless vacuum cleaners is that most models are bagless. So rather than using a conventional vacuum bag that you need to dispose of when it’s full, the cordless model makes use of a detachable collection chamber.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For upright models, our favourite is the Gtech AirRAM. Meanwhile, for more flexible hand-held cleaners, we love the Vax Gator H90, which is great value too.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope