Wireless: 10 best cordless vacuum cleaners
No more tripping over cables as you work your way around the house with these easy-to-manoeuvre machines
Tuesday 08 July 2014
Fed up of tripping over the vacuum cleaner cord or having to unplug your hoover again and again as you move round your home? It may be time to invest in a cordless vacuum cleaner.
Designed to operate using a battery pack, most models come with a charging station that makes it possible to recharge in between uses and they tend to be more lightweight than corded versions too.
Another plus point of cordless vacuum cleaners is that most models are bagless. So rather than using a conventional vacuum bag that you need to dispose of when it’s full, the cordless model makes use of a detachable collection chamber.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For upright models, our favourite is the Gtech AirRAM. Meanwhile, for more flexible hand-held cleaners, we love the Vax Gator H90, which is great value too.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats