Wireless: 10 best cordless vacuum cleaners
No more tripping over cables as you work your way around the house with these easy-to-manoeuvre machines
Tuesday 08 July 2014
Fed up of tripping over the vacuum cleaner cord or having to unplug your hoover again and again as you move round your home? It may be time to invest in a cordless vacuum cleaner.
Designed to operate using a battery pack, most models come with a charging station that makes it possible to recharge in between uses and they tend to be more lightweight than corded versions too.
Another plus point of cordless vacuum cleaners is that most models are bagless. So rather than using a conventional vacuum bag that you need to dispose of when it’s full, the cordless model makes use of a detachable collection chamber.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For upright models, our favourite is the Gtech AirRAM. Meanwhile, for more flexible hand-held cleaners, we love the Vax Gator H90, which is great value too.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins