Mum on the run: 7 best jogging strollers
Join the growing ranks of parents investing in specialist buggies to work out while looking after baby
Monday 23 June 2014
A new generation of hi-tech jogging buggies are enabling parents of young children to run to their hearts’ content. No wonder sales are rising so dramatically.
With young children to look after, it can be difficult to fit in a jog. But running pushchairs, which are designed for this very purpose, mean you can train while your passenger gets some fresh air. Everyone’s a winner.
Ideally, choose one with 16 inch wheels, a five point harness, a hand operated break, a fixed front wheel and a wrist loop. Also make sure your baby is six months old and able to hold their head up. In fact, some manufactures saying the baby should be at least a year old.
Be mindful that this isn’t like normal running – there will be increased pressure on your arms and shoulders that you’ll need to get used to. Also, be aware that these new buggies are big, even when folded, so be sure to have somewhere to store it.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The BOB Revolution Pro is a jogger’s dream – as good for city shopping trips as rough terrain. It looks good too. The Bumbleride Indie comes in at a close second, thanks to it being nippy, lightweight, good looking and easy to steer.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London