Mum on the run: 7 best jogging strollers
Join the growing ranks of parents investing in specialist buggies to work out while looking after baby
Monday 23 June 2014
A new generation of hi-tech jogging buggies are enabling parents of young children to run to their hearts’ content. No wonder sales are rising so dramatically.
With young children to look after, it can be difficult to fit in a jog. But running pushchairs, which are designed for this very purpose, mean you can train while your passenger gets some fresh air. Everyone’s a winner.
Ideally, choose one with 16 inch wheels, a five point harness, a hand operated break, a fixed front wheel and a wrist loop. Also make sure your baby is six months old and able to hold their head up. In fact, some manufactures saying the baby should be at least a year old.
Be mindful that this isn’t like normal running – there will be increased pressure on your arms and shoulders that you’ll need to get used to. Also, be aware that these new buggies are big, even when folded, so be sure to have somewhere to store it.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The BOB Revolution Pro is a jogger’s dream – as good for city shopping trips as rough terrain. It looks good too. The Bumbleride Indie comes in at a close second, thanks to it being nippy, lightweight, good looking and easy to steer.
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
- < Previous
- Next >