The 50 best picnic spots
From romantic riverside retreats to city parks and even London Zoo, Rhiannon Batten finds the perfect places to lay your blanket
Saturday 21 May 2011
This week's panel:
Annie Bell is a food writer and the author of ‘The Camping Cookbook’ (£12.99, Kyle Cathie);
Julia Bradbury presents ‘Countryfile’ on BBC1, ‘Julia Bradbury’s Canal Walks’ on BBC4 and is president of the Ramblers Association ( www.ramblers.org.uk);
Jo Tinsley is the founder of www.theloveofit.co.uk, a website dedicated to finding and enjoying “good wholesome fun”;
Simon Burdess is trading director at Fortum & Mason, which sells a range of pre-prepared and DIY picnic hampers ( www.fortnumandmason.com)
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine