The 50 best picnic spots
From romantic riverside retreats to city parks and even London Zoo, Rhiannon Batten finds the perfect places to lay your blanket
Saturday 21 May 2011
This week's panel:
Annie Bell is a food writer and the author of ‘The Camping Cookbook’ (£12.99, Kyle Cathie);
Julia Bradbury presents ‘Countryfile’ on BBC1, ‘Julia Bradbury’s Canal Walks’ on BBC4 and is president of the Ramblers Association ( www.ramblers.org.uk);
Jo Tinsley is the founder of www.theloveofit.co.uk, a website dedicated to finding and enjoying “good wholesome fun”;
Simon Burdess is trading director at Fortum & Mason, which sells a range of pre-prepared and DIY picnic hampers ( www.fortnumandmason.com)
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men