Smooth journey: 10 best travel pillows
Train, plane, car or bus. However you’re travelling this year, you will always need somewhere comfy to rest your head
Travelling can leave you achy, not least with neck pain caused by dozing off at an awkward angle. That’s where a pillow can help.
Be it inflatable, filled with tension-easing beads , polystyrene or clever memory foam, a strategically-placed cushion can make a big difference to your comfort on a journey. We’ve tried and tested a range, starting with Matalan’s bargain u-shaped one, up to Plum and Ivory’s luxe cashmere version.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re after a practical cushion for neck support on long journeys, M&S’s Luxury Neck Pillow is a good place to start; filled with polystyrene but firmer than others we tried, it’s the right mix of comfy and supportive. We also particularly like the fact you can wash the cover. Campers will like Snugpak’s lightweight, squashable pillow that will squeeze into a rucksack. And if you’re buying for kids, the Mr Men range from John Lewis works for the car, plane, train and their bedroom.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway