The 10 Best meat and fish boxes
From Saddleback pork to hot-smoked mackerel, cut out the middleman and get the finest foods delivered to your door...
1. Field and Flower – thrifty beef box
A lot for your money here with four-week hung, grass-fed beef. There are steak strips, stewing steak, eight burgers and mince.
2. Fish for Thought – lobster and shellfish
From the ocean waves off Cornwall comes cooked, cleaned lobsters, six crevettes, two large crabs and a pound of prawns.
3. Farmison – rare breeds
This online supplier has a slant towards rare-breed beasts. Try the pork middle-loin box for a taste of Saddleback and some cracking crackling.
4. Black Mountains Smokery – smoked fish
You pay a lot – but, goodness, what you get. There's salmon smoked just about every way, gravadlax, trout, and dill sauce.
5. Dunwood Farm – half porker
You get a full half Gloucester Old Spot, in two leg joints, 12 chops, stripped belly pork and a vast quantity of sausages.
6. Donald Russell – mini Steaks
£33 , donaldrussell.com
Contains a triumvirate of meats (beef, pork, lamb) cut down into a total of 24 mini steaks. It's good quality stuff, too.
7. Chesil Smokery – fish
This Dorset smokery is famed for its high quality. This box contains two hot-smoked mackerels, seven slices of cold trout and 14 slices of salmon. It's an absolute dream.
8. Osgrow – mixed
Osgrow specialises in exotic meats, so you get water buffalo steak, wild boar sausages, venison sausages and even diced kangaroo.
9. Riverford Organic – quick and easy meat box
This contains lamb, pork, steak, chicken and beef in fridge-friendly quantities (never more than 900g).
10. The Well Hung Meat Company – household staples
You could feed a full household for quite some time with this box. There's joints, chops, steaks and mince, charcuterie and bacon.
Life & Style blogs
Plus London's buy-to-let hotspots and a new property portal
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 EDL marches on Newcastle as attacks on Muslims increase tenfold in the wake of Woolwich machete attack which killed Drummer Lee Rigby
- 5 Farewell, Shameless. Your heirs have work to do
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.