The 10 Best meat and fish boxes
From Saddleback pork to hot-smoked mackerel, cut out the middleman and get the finest foods delivered to your door...
1. Field and Flower – thrifty beef box
A lot for your money here with four-week hung, grass-fed beef. There are steak strips, stewing steak, eight burgers and mince.
2. Fish for Thought – lobster and shellfish
From the ocean waves off Cornwall comes cooked, cleaned lobsters, six crevettes, two large crabs and a pound of prawns.
3. Farmison – rare breeds
This online supplier has a slant towards rare-breed beasts. Try the pork middle-loin box for a taste of Saddleback and some cracking crackling.
4. Black Mountains Smokery – smoked fish
You pay a lot – but, goodness, what you get. There's salmon smoked just about every way, gravadlax, trout, and dill sauce.
5. Dunwood Farm – half porker
You get a full half Gloucester Old Spot, in two leg joints, 12 chops, stripped belly pork and a vast quantity of sausages.
6. Donald Russell – mini Steaks
£33 , donaldrussell.com
Contains a triumvirate of meats (beef, pork, lamb) cut down into a total of 24 mini steaks. It's good quality stuff, too.
7. Chesil Smokery – fish
This Dorset smokery is famed for its high quality. This box contains two hot-smoked mackerels, seven slices of cold trout and 14 slices of salmon. It's an absolute dream.
8. Osgrow – mixed
Osgrow specialises in exotic meats, so you get water buffalo steak, wild boar sausages, venison sausages and even diced kangaroo.
9. Riverford Organic – quick and easy meat box
This contains lamb, pork, steak, chicken and beef in fridge-friendly quantities (never more than 900g).
10. The Well Hung Meat Company – household staples
You could feed a full household for quite some time with this box. There's joints, chops, steaks and mince, charcuterie and bacon.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...