The 10 Best meat and fish boxes
From Saddleback pork to hot-smoked mackerel, cut out the middleman and get the finest foods delivered to your door...
1. Field and Flower – thrifty beef box
A lot for your money here with four-week hung, grass-fed beef. There are steak strips, stewing steak, eight burgers and mince.
2. Fish for Thought – lobster and shellfish
From the ocean waves off Cornwall comes cooked, cleaned lobsters, six crevettes, two large crabs and a pound of prawns.
3. Farmison – rare breeds
This online supplier has a slant towards rare-breed beasts. Try the pork middle-loin box for a taste of Saddleback and some cracking crackling.
4. Black Mountains Smokery – smoked fish
You pay a lot – but, goodness, what you get. There's salmon smoked just about every way, gravadlax, trout, and dill sauce.
5. Dunwood Farm – half porker
You get a full half Gloucester Old Spot, in two leg joints, 12 chops, stripped belly pork and a vast quantity of sausages.
6. Donald Russell – mini Steaks
£33 , donaldrussell.com
Contains a triumvirate of meats (beef, pork, lamb) cut down into a total of 24 mini steaks. It's good quality stuff, too.
7. Chesil Smokery – fish
This Dorset smokery is famed for its high quality. This box contains two hot-smoked mackerels, seven slices of cold trout and 14 slices of salmon. It's an absolute dream.
8. Osgrow – mixed
Osgrow specialises in exotic meats, so you get water buffalo steak, wild boar sausages, venison sausages and even diced kangaroo.
9. Riverford Organic – quick and easy meat box
This contains lamb, pork, steak, chicken and beef in fridge-friendly quantities (never more than 900g).
10. The Well Hung Meat Company – household staples
You could feed a full household for quite some time with this box. There's joints, chops, steaks and mince, charcuterie and bacon.
Life & Style blogs
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
BBC journalist Justin Webb talks about his experiences of the advances in preventing heart attacks a...
Tim Cook gets a Senate grilling: Apple tax-avoidance schemes deemed 'highly questionable'
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Meet David Karp, the 26-year-old high school dropout worth $275m after selling Tumblr to Yahoo
Game on: Xbox 720 and PS4 go head to head with Microsoft set to launch console today
Virtually Stephen Fry: Star launches (possibly) the world's most self-regarding app
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Food & Drink
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...