The 10 Best meat and fish boxes
From Saddleback pork to hot-smoked mackerel, cut out the middleman and get the finest foods delivered to your door...
1. Field and Flower – thrifty beef box
A lot for your money here with four-week hung, grass-fed beef. There are steak strips, stewing steak, eight burgers and mince.
2. Fish for Thought – lobster and shellfish
From the ocean waves off Cornwall comes cooked, cleaned lobsters, six crevettes, two large crabs and a pound of prawns.
3. Farmison – rare breeds
This online supplier has a slant towards rare-breed beasts. Try the pork middle-loin box for a taste of Saddleback and some cracking crackling.
4. Black Mountains Smokery – smoked fish
You pay a lot – but, goodness, what you get. There's salmon smoked just about every way, gravadlax, trout, and dill sauce.
5. Dunwood Farm – half porker
You get a full half Gloucester Old Spot, in two leg joints, 12 chops, stripped belly pork and a vast quantity of sausages.
6. Donald Russell – mini Steaks
£33 , donaldrussell.com
Contains a triumvirate of meats (beef, pork, lamb) cut down into a total of 24 mini steaks. It's good quality stuff, too.
7. Chesil Smokery – fish
This Dorset smokery is famed for its high quality. This box contains two hot-smoked mackerels, seven slices of cold trout and 14 slices of salmon. It's an absolute dream.
8. Osgrow – mixed
Osgrow specialises in exotic meats, so you get water buffalo steak, wild boar sausages, venison sausages and even diced kangaroo.
9. Riverford Organic – quick and easy meat box
This contains lamb, pork, steak, chicken and beef in fridge-friendly quantities (never more than 900g).
10. The Well Hung Meat Company – household staples
You could feed a full household for quite some time with this box. There's joints, chops, steaks and mince, charcuterie and bacon.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...