The 10 Best irons
Tuesday 28 February 2012
1. Rowenta DG8760 Pro Perfect
This iron sails through crumpled laundry, even tough linen, with complete ease, which you'd hope, at this price.
2. Russell Hobbs 14995 Steam Glide Professional
Despite a low steam rate, it has plenty of upsides, such as a three-metre cable and clear markings.
3. Philips GC8560
Mountains of ironing to get through? This iron provides a constant flow of steam for 50 minutes, penetrating the toughest of fabrics.
4. Lakeland Travel Steam Iron
Get fancy new holiday outfits crease-free with this compact travel steam iron, which gives surprisingly good results.
5. Tefal Aquaspeed Ultracord FV5260
Fed up with the cord getting in your way when you're ironing? Then here's an iron for you.
6. Morphy Richards 4221 Power Stream Elite
This iron might look like a beast that weighs a ton, but it's surprisingly lightweight – and impressive.
7. Bosch TDA4632
You'll be pressed and ready to go in half a minute with this iron. And there's plenty of steam, even at the lowest setting.
8. Breville VIN212
Here's an iron that's simple to use and glides smoothly through laundry. The steam shot is reassuringly powerful, albeit noisy.
9. Philips Man Iron
Housed in a robust black outer casting, this iron's aim is to exude masculinity. It is charged to the max with features.
10. Hoover Ironspeed 4102
The word Hoover probably makes you think of vacuum cleaners, but this product shows the company knows a thing about irons, too.
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Support Engineer is required to join a well-...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join an awa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Facilities Manager is required to join the m...
£14000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This independent telecoms compa...