Ballance is looking to fight fire with fire after hitting half-centuries in his last two innings
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 31 March 2011
Tuesday 30 November 2010
Sunday 21 November 2010
Borrowings and adaptations were meat and bread to the Baroque composers.
Tuesday 12 October 2010
Sunday 26 September 2010
Monday 23 August 2010
Newcastle United's supporters witnessed a glorious Premier League redemption led by a number nine for a new generation.
Tuesday 17 August 2010
Newcastle are back, Joey Barton is back, but more ominously, facial hair is back.
Sunday 18 July 2010
Friday 02 July 2010
"I'm going to die a virgin," maintains Michael Cera's Nick Twisp in this patchy adaptation of C D Payne's novels.
Monday 17 May 2010
Wednesday 28 April 2010
It's no mean feat to reduce a 1,200-page book with a huge number of characters to a three-hour play featuring just six actors. But that is what adapter Joel Horwood and director Alan Lane have done with Alexandre Dumas's great adventure story The Count of Monte Cristo. The plot is condensed and simplified and given a thoroughly modern gloss.
Monday 05 April 2010
Wanted: nondescript individual, 5ft7in to 5ft8in in height, with good hearing and the ability to stand still for long periods in extreme heat and cold. The ideal candidate must also have a fondness for hiding behind trees in parks and a strong aversion to false beards and moustaches.
Friday 05 February 2010
The impression that Michael Cera, star of Superbad and Juno, had overdrawn on his gawky, sweet-faced charm seemed unarguable in the light of the daft caveman comedy Year One.
Wednesday 16 December 2009
Monday 30 November 2009
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 4 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school