Stay up to date with notifications from The Independent

Notifications can be managed in browser preferences.

Harvey Weinstein ‘offered Myleene Klass sex contract’

The presenter referenced a similar incident in an interview she gave in 2010

Jacob Stolworthy
Friday 13 October 2017 10:08 BST
Comments
Myleene Klass describes how Harvey Weinstein offered her a sex contract in 2010 interview

The allegations of sexual assault and misconduct against Harvey Weinstein are continuing to mount up with more than a dozen women coming forward with accounts of their own experience.

It's now been alleged that the disgraced film producer propositioned Myleene Klass with a “sex contract” at Cannes Film Festival in 2010.

According to an unnamed friend of Klass', the former Hear'Say singer turned British TV personality immediately declined his offer and told him to “f*** off,” The Sun reports.

Klass, who was 32 at the time, reportedly fled the scene feeling “disgusted and angry” after his PA handed her over a “confidentiality agreement.”

The pair are said to have been at a film lunch at a restaurant in the French Riviera resort town which Klass had been attending on behalf of CNN's 'The Screening Room.' She had interviewed Weinstein just one day before.

Dozens of women have accused the producer of sexual assault and misconduct (AFP)

Klass' friend said: “She thought his intentions were genuine. But as soon as she found out what he really wanted, she told him to f*** off.”

The presenter reportedly spoke of the encounter herself later that year, saying: “About six months ago, a newly married Hollywood star asked me to sign some kind of sex contract with him. I just thought, ‘Mate, which planet are you from?’

"Then his PA came over with a confidentiality contract. I just thought, ‘Oh my God, your poor wife.’ I don’t want to be a marriage-wrecker.”

Klass also seemed to reference the incident in both an interview on The Alan Titchmarsh Show in 2011 as well as one with Fabulous magazine in which she revealed she had told her fiancé at the time what had occurred saying “it would bring Hollywood down if the story got out.”

Apple TV+ logo

Watch Apple TV+ free for 7 days

New subscribers only. £8.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled

Try for free
Apple TV+ logo

Watch Apple TV+ free for 7 days

New subscribers only. £8.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled

Try for free

Numerous women have now accused Weinstein of sexual assault and harassment in the wake of two damning exposes in the past week include Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Lea Seydoux and Kate Beckinsale. Weinstein denies all accusations of non-consensual sex.

In support of Weinstein's accusers, two male stars - James Van Der Beek and Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Terry Crews - have come forward with their own claims of sexual assault at the hands of 'powerful' men.

In a Newsnight interview, Emma Thompson described Weinstein as "the tip of the iceberg" branding him a "predator."

Emma Thompson: Harvey Weinstein is "the top of the iceberg"

Follow Independent Culture on Facebook

Join our commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

Comments

Thank you for registering

Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in