Eurotunnel has asked the British and French governments to reimburse it £22 million (29 million euro) for lost revenue during last year's cross-Channel migrant crisis.
The Channel Tunnel operator made the claim via the Intergovernmental Commission as it revealed a 22% dividend increase to be proposed at its AGM on April 27.
Despite an uncertain global outlook, Eurotunnel predicted further growth in the cross-Channel and rail freight markets amid strength in the British economy.
The Chunnel operator faced heavy disruption to its services last summer as migrants based at the Jungle camp in Calais made repeated bids to cross to Britain.
As it revealed its 2015 annual results, Eurotunnel said there has been no disruption to services since last October following strengthened border security at the Coquelles terminal.
It said revenues increased by 5% to 1.2 billion euro (£926 million) compared to 2014. And the group's pre-tax profit for 2015 was 115 million euro (£89 million), an improvement of 25 million euro (£19 million) compared to 2014.
Chairman and chief executive Jacques Gounon said: "In a difficult environment in 2015, the group worked with the efficiency of a private company to deliver a genuine public service.
"This was achieved through the commitment of its staff, close co-operation with the two governments and an exemplary capacity to react to events."
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies