The 43-year-old did all the damage in the first half, finding Rob Gronkowski for two scores and setting up Antonio Brown for another just before half-time as the Bucs took a 21-6 lead into the break.
Kansas City failed to get started on offence, with Patrick Mahomes only completing 26 of 49 attempts for 270 yards, while a lack of discipline also played a role as the Chiefs gave up 11 penalties for 120 yards in Florida.
Leonard Fournette got Tampa Bay's fourth touchdown as they continued to pull away, the running back finding the endzone with a 27-yard rush.
Harrison Butker was the sole scorer for the Chiefs, making all three field goal attempts, as last season's Super Bowl champions were downed by Brady and the Bucs.
How it happened
- The Chiefs went 3-0 up after putting up the first points of the game after two punts to start the game, with Harrison Butker nailing a 49-yard field goal.
- The Bucs went 7-3 up after Tom Brady uses a screen on a creative play-call, it sees his old trusted teammate Rob Gronkowski gather the ball for an easy eight-yard TD - Ryan Succop kicks the extra point.
- A fourth-down try from Ronald Jones from the one-yard line but the Chiefs made a stand and force a turnover on downs
- A horrific hold from the Chiefs as Succop nailed a 40-yard field goal, it allowed Brady to have another go, and he finds old trusted, Gronkowski, once more for the 17-yard touchdown, Bucs up 14-3.
- The Chiefs trimmed the Bucs lead to 14-6 after Butker slams home a 34-yard field goal, a great stand from the Bucs defence, especially Shaq Barrett, who applied the pressure on Mahomes on third and six at the Tampa Bay 14.
- Brady finds Brown with 10 seconds remaining in the half for the touchdown, Succop adds the extra, it's 21-6 to the hosts.
- Butker adds a quick three to cut the Bucs lead to 21-9 to begin the second half.
- Leonard Fournette rushes in for a 27-yard touchdown, Bucs extend their lead to 28-9.
- Succop slams home a field goal to nudge the Bucs' lead up to 31-9.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies