11 best face powders
Sweep away shiny skin with our pick of the best pressed and loose powder bases
Thursday 28 August 2014
From the spectacularly scientific Clinique Almost Powder Makeup, to the simple but very effective Maybelline Matte Maker, prices vary wildly in a powder and often high-street can be just as good as high-end. We tried and tested a range to bring you the best.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Bourjois Healthy Balance gives great coverage and a lovely natural glow, while Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder does actually minimise the look of pores and help control oil production. But for sheer longevity in the business, you've got to hand it to Max Factor Creme Puff – 60 years and still going strong.
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 Mother of newborn Baby No 59 trapped in sewer pipe told Chinese police she 'heard crying' when she raised alarm
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy