Look good in a hood: 10 best waterproof jackets
There’s more rain on the way so make sure you style out the showers (and torrential downpours) in one of these practical coats
Wednesday 15 January 2014
Rain, rain and more rain’s been forecast. This winter it feels like there has never been a more pressing need to own a decent raincoat. Whether it’s one to pack up small in your bag and have handy if you’re caught short in a shower, or something more heavy-duty for spending long periods in downpours, we’ve scoped out the most practical out there.
We’ve found and tested failsafe options for adults and kids. From Boden’s jacket for girls, which is new for this season and a great all-rounder for cold or wet weather, through to The North Face Vanadium Jacket, a favourite among outdoorsy types looking for a hard-wearing and stylish bit of kit.
Superdry’s Harijiki Jacket is just the job for women who want to stay dry in showers and still look cool, whilst Helly Hansen’s W Odin Traverse Jacket is the best option who won’t let the elements stop them getting out and about. Meanwhile for men, the Regatta Packaway II is ideal to shove in your bag in case the heavens open unexpectedly, whereas the Berghaus Civetta is the daddy if you plan to spend lots of time in the wet.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh