Look good in a hood: 10 best waterproof jackets
There’s more rain on the way so make sure you style out the showers (and torrential downpours) in one of these practical coats
Wednesday 15 January 2014
Rain, rain and more rain’s been forecast. This winter it feels like there has never been a more pressing need to own a decent raincoat. Whether it’s one to pack up small in your bag and have handy if you’re caught short in a shower, or something more heavy-duty for spending long periods in downpours, we’ve scoped out the most practical out there.
We’ve found and tested failsafe options for adults and kids. From Boden’s jacket for girls, which is new for this season and a great all-rounder for cold or wet weather, through to The North Face Vanadium Jacket, a favourite among outdoorsy types looking for a hard-wearing and stylish bit of kit.
Superdry’s Harijiki Jacket is just the job for women who want to stay dry in showers and still look cool, whilst Helly Hansen’s W Odin Traverse Jacket is the best option who won’t let the elements stop them getting out and about. Meanwhile for men, the Regatta Packaway II is ideal to shove in your bag in case the heavens open unexpectedly, whereas the Berghaus Civetta is the daddy if you plan to spend lots of time in the wet.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'