10 best beers to drink this summer
Thirsty? Ray Bailey, British beer blogger, handpicks his favourite bottles to drink when the mercury rises
Friday 11 July 2014
The best summer beers, despite the arguments of some contrarians, are light, cool and refreshing, but that doesn't have to mean just lager, lager and more lager.
When you're hot and bothered, nothing satisfies a thirst better than bitterness biting the back of your throat on the way down, and sourness, reminiscent of homemade lemonade, can also work wonders.
Here are 10 thirst-quenching options, chosen by the UK-brewing afficionados behind Boak & Bailey.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Click here to buy now
Click here to buy Boak & Bailey's book on beer
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train