10 best beers to drink this summer
Thirsty? Ray Bailey, British beer blogger, handpicks his favourite bottles to drink when the mercury rises
Friday 11 July 2014
The best summer beers, despite the arguments of some contrarians, are light, cool and refreshing, but that doesn't have to mean just lager, lager and more lager.
When you're hot and bothered, nothing satisfies a thirst better than bitterness biting the back of your throat on the way down, and sourness, reminiscent of homemade lemonade, can also work wonders.
Here are 10 thirst-quenching options, chosen by the UK-brewing afficionados behind Boak & Bailey.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Click here to buy now
Click here to buy Boak & Bailey's book on beer
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 The top 50 cities for young people to live in
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want