10 best kitchen knife sets
Up the ante in the kitchen by investing in a new collection of blades
Tuesday 12 August 2014
Of all the culinary gadgets that are now available, nothing is as important as a good set of knives. Ask any chef and they’ll confirm it. In fact, top chefs protect their knives as if they were their own children.
But where to start? There are so many knife sets available for all budgets that it’s hard to know which to buy to suit your cooking needs. Our round-up will help you choose correctly so that your knives become the most essential tools of your kitchen.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Keen cooks will love the Global Knife Block Set, which will last them a lifetime, while our recommendation for a great starter set is Judge Spada Professional Knife Collection.
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Adam Levine's biggest fan had a panic attack upon meeting him, so the singer laid down on the floor to get a photo with him
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother