10 best kitchen knife sets
Up the ante in the kitchen by investing in a new collection of blades
Tuesday 12 August 2014
Of all the culinary gadgets that are now available, nothing is as important as a good set of knives. Ask any chef and they’ll confirm it. In fact, top chefs protect their knives as if they were their own children.
But where to start? There are so many knife sets available for all budgets that it’s hard to know which to buy to suit your cooking needs. Our round-up will help you choose correctly so that your knives become the most essential tools of your kitchen.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Keen cooks will love the Global Knife Block Set, which will last them a lifetime, while our recommendation for a great starter set is Judge Spada Professional Knife Collection.
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans