10 best vegan foods
Going meat- and dairy-free doesn’t mean you have to give up on flavour. There are plenty of vegan goodies on the market that ensure you get all your vitamins, without compromising on taste
Sunday 25 May 2014
There is now a huge range of foods out there for anyone who steers clear of animal products. We’ve munched our way through a variety of vegan-approved grub to see you through from breakfast to dinner, with a few snacks in between.
From Alara’s Organic Muesli to Pudology’s yummy desserts, we’re confident you will find something that takes your fancy.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For vegans who find they get cheese cravings, Bute Island Food’s vegan ‘sheese’; range is a winner. Another must is the Marigold Engevita Nutritional Yeast Flakes to make sure B12 levels are kept high. And if that all sounds too virtuous, Pudology’s chocolate puds will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >