10 best vegan foods
Going meat- and dairy-free doesn’t mean you have to give up on flavour. There are plenty of vegan goodies on the market that ensure you get all your vitamins, without compromising on taste
Sunday 25 May 2014
There is now a huge range of foods out there for anyone who steers clear of animal products. We’ve munched our way through a variety of vegan-approved grub to see you through from breakfast to dinner, with a few snacks in between.
From Alara’s Organic Muesli to Pudology’s yummy desserts, we’re confident you will find something that takes your fancy.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For vegans who find they get cheese cravings, Bute Island Food’s vegan ‘sheese’; range is a winner. Another must is the Marigold Engevita Nutritional Yeast Flakes to make sure B12 levels are kept high. And if that all sounds too virtuous, Pudology’s chocolate puds will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair