10 best vegan foods
Going meat- and dairy-free doesn’t mean you have to give up on flavour. There are plenty of vegan goodies on the market that ensure you get all your vitamins, without compromising on taste
Sunday 25 May 2014
There is now a huge range of foods out there for anyone who steers clear of animal products. We’ve munched our way through a variety of vegan-approved grub to see you through from breakfast to dinner, with a few snacks in between.
From Alara’s Organic Muesli to Pudology’s yummy desserts, we’re confident you will find something that takes your fancy.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For vegans who find they get cheese cravings, Bute Island Food’s vegan ‘sheese’; range is a winner. Another must is the Marigold Engevita Nutritional Yeast Flakes to make sure B12 levels are kept high. And if that all sounds too virtuous, Pudology’s chocolate puds will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans