The 10 Best luxury chocolate bars
From salted-caramel and award-winning flavours to the latest offering from the queen's chocolatier, these moreish bars are to die for
Friday 18 October 2013
Probably the most you'll ever pay for a chocolate bar, but worth it as it's completely addictive.
You won't find a disappointing bar from this chocolatier, which pushes the boundaries of flavours.
This bar has only a 14-day shelf life, but the truth is that it won't last anything like that long because it's utterly moreish.
Even top quality white chocolate can taste too sweet, but the aromatic cardamom cuts through the sweet creaminess of this bar.
Vietnam is not naturally associated with artisan chocolate, but the country's cocoa beans are attracting chocolatiers such as Marou. This bar is particularly punchy.
Chococo crafts chocolates on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. This award-winning bar uses the flavour du jour – honeycomb.
Rope's latest bar, for Fortnum & Mason, has pecans roasted in honey on top of single-origin Equadorian milk chocolate with sea salt. Yum.
This bar is made from a rare variety of cocoa that grows wild in Bolivia. The beans are then slow-roasted to bring out the flavour.
Hotel Chocolat is one of the few chocolatiers to grow its own cocoa. The results are to die for and this is one of its best bars yet.
This is the queen's chocolatier, making the quintessentially British flavour of Earl Grey in this bar, combined with a twist of lemon in milk chocolate, very apt.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says jobless migrants should be banned from entering the UK
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night