The 10 best multi cookers
Do away with multiple pans and invest in a clever multi cooker. It’ll free up cupboard space and cut down on the washing up
Sunday 12 January 2014
Our kitchen cupboards are full of pans of all shapes and sizes. But do we really need eight different frying pans, casserole dishes and roasting tins when one bit of kit could do? There are a range of clever kitchen aids in the shops which claim to do the lot; from steaming, frying and grilling to searing and slow cooking. We tried and tested the gadgets out there to see if they are worth the investment, from Breville’s multifunctioning slow- cooker to Lakeland’s forward-thinking sous-vide multi cooker, we judged them on range of functions and consistency of results.
Salter's 8-in-1 cooker is great value for money if you're looking for a budget option. The top of the range Lakeland Multichef impressed us with its range of programmes and uses. For consistently good results and a cooker that won't break the bank, the Morphy Richards Intellichef is a good bet.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 3 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 4 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
- 5 Paracetamol Challenge: Mother of girl killed by overdose pleads with teenagers not to take part