The 10 Best saucepans
From hi-tech to non-stick – and even one that can go in the microwave – check out our pick of the pans
Friday 28 September 2012
1. AGA Cherish saucepan
From £66.49, twyford-cookers
This collection of recyclable pans boasts a wave technology base designed for outstanding energy efficiency and effortless cooking.
2. Jamie Oliver for Tefal
£48 (for full set), debenhams
The toughened-gloss range by Jamie Oliver has a long list of great features, including durability, scratch-resistance and a built-in pouring spout and draining lid.
3. Meyer Circulon Espree all-purpose saucepan
For a huge, all-purpose pan, look no further. It's so versatile that it doubles up as a skillet or saucepan. Has a three-layer non-stick coating.
4. Muurla Design enamel pan
From £19, amazon
Jazz up your kitchen with this fabulously designed enamelware that is known for its durability. It's lightweight, can be used on all hobs and is dishwasher safe.
5. Morphy Richards non-stick saucepan
From £16, amazon
These pans, which come in plum or red, not only look cheery, but they are great value too.
6. Lakeland Tri-Ply stainless steel pan
From £41, amazon
Lakeland really has it nailed when it comes to quality pots and pans. This range is particularly outstanding.
7. Kitchen Craft microwave saucepan
Who says that you can't use pans in the microwave? You can with this, and it has side fastenings to keep its contents safe in the fridge, too.
8. Raymond Blanc Anolon Professional
While some celebrity chefs seem to slap their name on almost any product going, Raymond Blanc is known for his exacting standards.
9. Le Creuset toughened non-stick saucepan
This is a serious investment, but it doesn't get better than this for everyday cooking. No wonder there's a lifetime guarantee.
From £15, amazon
Baked beans? Gourmet sauce? You name it, this white non-stick coating, combined with superior thermal properties of aluminium cookware, will do the job well.
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Big Bang Theory to get special Star Wars episode with help from Lucasfilm
- 3 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 4 Pharrell Williams 'Happy': British Muslims dance to song in video
- 5 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews