The ten best sherries
Forget mojitos - sherry is back in vogue
Wednesday 16 September 2009
Sherry has often been considered a favourite of grannies and vicars and most mainstream consumers have historically reserved their Sherry intake to the Christmas trifle. But with the announcement of the
2009 Decanter World Wine Awards, the image of Sherry could be set for a change.
With a staggering 31 awards, including a much coveted Regional Trophy for the
Emilio Lustau Añada 1990 Oloroso, and Gold for
Emilio Lustau Almacenista Pasada de Sanlucar Manzanilla - Sherry most certainly made its mark at the world’s biggest and most influential wine competition.
Decanter’s tastings director Christelle Guibert offers her selection of the top 10 award winning sherry recommendations.
Click here or on the image to launch the guide, and leave your comments and suggestions below.
To search for an award winning Sherry and to see the full list of international winners in all categories, visit www.decanter.com or see the October issue of Decanter magazine on sale now, priced £4.20.
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Britain First picture: Photographer 'horrified' after first Afghan policewoman killed by Taliban used for 'ban the burka' campaign