The ten best sherries
Forget mojitos - sherry is back in vogue
Wednesday 16 September 2009
Sherry has often been considered a favourite of grannies and vicars and most mainstream consumers have historically reserved their Sherry intake to the Christmas trifle. But with the announcement of the
2009 Decanter World Wine Awards, the image of Sherry could be set for a change.
With a staggering 31 awards, including a much coveted Regional Trophy for the
Emilio Lustau Añada 1990 Oloroso, and Gold for
Emilio Lustau Almacenista Pasada de Sanlucar Manzanilla - Sherry most certainly made its mark at the world’s biggest and most influential wine competition.
Decanter’s tastings director Christelle Guibert offers her selection of the top 10 award winning sherry recommendations.
Click here or on the image to launch the guide, and leave your comments and suggestions below.
To search for an award winning Sherry and to see the full list of international winners in all categories, visit www.decanter.com or see the October issue of Decanter magazine on sale now, priced £4.20.
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media