Smooth: 7 best electric shavers
Not sure which tool to choose? We test a range of machines to find the gadgets that will keep you looking perfectly groomed
Monday 14 July 2014
Shaving is a personal thing. Do you prefer the slice of a wet shave or the buzz of electric? Electric won’t cut you – though it may not get quite as close. If you decide you want the convenience of electric shaving you then have to choose between rotary blades with circular cutters and foil shavers with straight blades.
We've tried and tested a range on the market, from Panasonic's good-value ES-RW30 Wet and Dry up to Braun's fast-working Series 7 790cc-4, there should be a model for all budgets. Here's our pick of the shavers.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For the full-service effect, the Braun Series 7 is pricey but worth it. For the best value though, the Panasonic ES-RW30 is very hard to beat. And like the Philips, it’s a wet-and-dry model which adds versatility. For rotary fans, Philips is still the brand to go for, with models at every price point.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'