Smooth: 7 best electric shavers
Not sure which tool to choose? We test a range of machines to find the gadgets that will keep you looking perfectly groomed
Monday 14 July 2014
Shaving is a personal thing. Do you prefer the slice of a wet shave or the buzz of electric? Electric won’t cut you – though it may not get quite as close. If you decide you want the convenience of electric shaving you then have to choose between rotary blades with circular cutters and foil shavers with straight blades.
We've tried and tested a range on the market, from Panasonic's good-value ES-RW30 Wet and Dry up to Braun's fast-working Series 7 790cc-4, there should be a model for all budgets. Here's our pick of the shavers.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For the full-service effect, the Braun Series 7 is pricey but worth it. For the best value though, the Panasonic ES-RW30 is very hard to beat. And like the Philips, it’s a wet-and-dry model which adds versatility. For rotary fans, Philips is still the brand to go for, with models at every price point.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her