Coffee time: 10 best cafetières
You don’t need to splash out on a fancy machine to make a fresh, strong cup. Try one of these traditional makers to serve up your caffeine fix
These days everyone's a barista, making you coffee using their fancy machine in their own kitchen. Much as the cool gadgetry appeals to me, I prefer the taste of good old cafetière coffee.
They all work on the same principle, and make similar tasting coffee, so choose by the style you prefer. We’ve tried and tested a range of sizes and styles; from Le Creuset's colourful and elegant stoneware cafetière to the John Lewis’s good value, cheerily coloured version from their House range.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Damask Cafetière from La Cafetière is a refreshing change from all the sleek silver and black coffee accessories on the market, though for shape alone the belly shaped Kitchen Craft Le Xpress 3 Cup Cafetière is my favourite.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala