Coffee time: 10 best cafetières
You don’t need to splash out on a fancy machine to make a fresh, strong cup. Try one of these traditional makers to serve up your caffeine fix
These days everyone's a barista, making you coffee using their fancy machine in their own kitchen. Much as the cool gadgetry appeals to me, I prefer the taste of good old cafetière coffee.
They all work on the same principle, and make similar tasting coffee, so choose by the style you prefer. We’ve tried and tested a range of sizes and styles; from Le Creuset's colourful and elegant stoneware cafetière to the John Lewis’s good value, cheerily coloured version from their House range.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Damask Cafetière from La Cafetière is a refreshing change from all the sleek silver and black coffee accessories on the market, though for shape alone the belly shaped Kitchen Craft Le Xpress 3 Cup Cafetière is my favourite.
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 3 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 4 Wimbledon 2015: Dustin Brown knocks Rafael Nadal out of the championship
- 5 Primark and Penny's heir Barry Ryan drowns trying to save his 21-year-old son