Coffee time: 10 best cafetières
You don’t need to splash out on a fancy machine to make a fresh, strong cup. Try one of these traditional makers to serve up your caffeine fix
These days everyone's a barista, making you coffee using their fancy machine in their own kitchen. Much as the cool gadgetry appeals to me, I prefer the taste of good old cafetière coffee.
They all work on the same principle, and make similar tasting coffee, so choose by the style you prefer. We’ve tried and tested a range of sizes and styles; from Le Creuset's colourful and elegant stoneware cafetière to the John Lewis’s good value, cheerily coloured version from their House range.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Damask Cafetière from La Cafetière is a refreshing change from all the sleek silver and black coffee accessories on the market, though for shape alone the belly shaped Kitchen Craft Le Xpress 3 Cup Cafetière is my favourite.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories