Coffee time: 10 best cafetières
You don’t need to splash out on a fancy machine to make a fresh, strong cup. Try one of these traditional makers to serve up your caffeine fix
These days everyone's a barista, making you coffee using their fancy machine in their own kitchen. Much as the cool gadgetry appeals to me, I prefer the taste of good old cafetière coffee.
They all work on the same principle, and make similar tasting coffee, so choose by the style you prefer. We’ve tried and tested a range of sizes and styles; from Le Creuset's colourful and elegant stoneware cafetière to the John Lewis’s good value, cheerily coloured version from their House range.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Damask Cafetière from La Cafetière is a refreshing change from all the sleek silver and black coffee accessories on the market, though for shape alone the belly shaped Kitchen Craft Le Xpress 3 Cup Cafetière is my favourite.
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster