Catch some rays: 9 best deckchairs
Be your choice striped, bright, arty-looking or all three, make sure you’re ready for some serious lounging in the sun (when it makes an appearance) with one of these funky deckchairs
Brits have a long tradition of lounging in deckchairs when the sun shines. Back in the day, they'd be robust, ridged wooden chairs with stiff, striped canvas slings.
Now, you can find a vast range of colours and designs on the market. We've rounded up a collection of the best designs - including a stripe or two. From Tesco's classic candy striped chair to Wawa's innovative rocker-deckchair hybrid, there's something for all lounging fans. Just remember not to leave them out in the rain.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you want a good-value chair to see you through summer, Homebase and Tesco's offerings are ideal. Bring them in when you're not using them and they will last you. For a chair that makes a statement in your garden, go for Smart Deco's designs. If you're looking for something that looks just as good inside as out, then Wawa's rocker is a winner.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London