10 best beach towels
Whether you’re hitting the coast at home or abroad, here are a selection of towels for posing round the pool, intrepid adventures, and keeping all the family sand-free
We’re in the middle of the heatwave so now’s the time to make the most of the UK’s beaches.
Whether your local spot is sandy or pebbly, you’ll need something to lie on. Or if you’re heading abroad – somewhere intrepid or poolside with the family – don’t forget a trusty towel.
We’ve tried and tested a range. There are towels that’ll make you stand out on the beach, ones that will take up almost no room at all in your rucksack, and ones to keep kids dry and protected. We started with Soak and Sleep’s lightweight, good-value towels and finished our sunbathing session on Maslin’s & Co’s ultra-luxurious and fun zebra hide number. Here’s our verdict.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a towel that looks good, will last you years and is a bit different from the average, we like Deckchair Stripes’ products. If you’re going away with the family, Swimwear 365’s pack of three will work for relations of all ages and they’re good value too. Backpackers can’t go wrong with Lifeventure’s printed version of their trek towel.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years