10 best beach towels
Whether you’re hitting the coast at home or abroad, here are a selection of towels for posing round the pool, intrepid adventures, and keeping all the family sand-free
We’re in the middle of the heatwave so now’s the time to make the most of the UK’s beaches.
Whether your local spot is sandy or pebbly, you’ll need something to lie on. Or if you’re heading abroad – somewhere intrepid or poolside with the family – don’t forget a trusty towel.
We’ve tried and tested a range. There are towels that’ll make you stand out on the beach, ones that will take up almost no room at all in your rucksack, and ones to keep kids dry and protected. We started with Soak and Sleep’s lightweight, good-value towels and finished our sunbathing session on Maslin’s & Co’s ultra-luxurious and fun zebra hide number. Here’s our verdict.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a towel that looks good, will last you years and is a bit different from the average, we like Deckchair Stripes’ products. If you’re going away with the family, Swimwear 365’s pack of three will work for relations of all ages and they’re good value too. Backpackers can’t go wrong with Lifeventure’s printed version of their trek towel.
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans