Green fingers: 10 best gardening gloves
Love the garden but hate what it does to your hands? Here's our round-up of gloves to keep your hands protected
Friday 18 April 2014
The sun is shining, The Big Allotment Challenge is on our screens, and it’s National Gardening Week – what better excuse to tackle your weeds or start that vegetable patch you’ve been planning since ’02?
But if your hands are feeling irritated by the dirt and prickles, or your old pair of gloves have gone hard from water-logging, you’re going to want to invest in a new pair of gardening gloves.
From the pretty Jubilee Gloves to hardwearing leather gauntlets, here is our roundup of the ten best pairs to keep those green fingers clean, dry and safe from prickles.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Showa Floreo 370 are a reliable and comfortable choice for everyday work and we’re loving the pretty print on Joules’ pair, but, if you’re only going to buy one pair this year, it has to be Gold Leaf, the great all-rounder.
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 #NotGuilty: Second Oxford student writes of brutal rape by two men who then threw her in a bin as part of campaign against victim blaming
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
- 5 How the language you speak changes your view of the world