Green fingers: 10 best gardening gloves
Love the garden but hate what it does to your hands? Here's our round-up of gloves to keep your hands protected
Friday 18 April 2014
The sun is shining, The Big Allotment Challenge is on our screens, and it’s National Gardening Week – what better excuse to tackle your weeds or start that vegetable patch you’ve been planning since ’02?
But if your hands are feeling irritated by the dirt and prickles, or your old pair of gloves have gone hard from water-logging, you’re going to want to invest in a new pair of gardening gloves.
From the pretty Jubilee Gloves to hardwearing leather gauntlets, here is our roundup of the ten best pairs to keep those green fingers clean, dry and safe from prickles.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Showa Floreo 370 are a reliable and comfortable choice for everyday work and we’re loving the pretty print on Joules’ pair, but, if you’re only going to buy one pair this year, it has to be Gold Leaf, the great all-rounder.
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy
- 1 Man who was struck and killed by lightning in Brecon Beacons 'was carrying a selfie stick'
- 2 Lisa Randolph-Gant: Queen Elsa cake maker says she will carry on baking and will not let people 'break her spirit'
- 3 Tube strike: This pedestrian-friendly map tells you the time it takes to walk between stations
- 4 Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2015: Three men gored and 10 hospitalised on first day of festival
- 5 Sarah Jessica Parker explains why she is not a feminist: 'It's not just about women now'