Green fingers: 10 best gardening gloves
Love the garden but hate what it does to your hands? Here's our round-up of gloves to keep your hands protected
The sun is shining, The Big Allotment Challenge is on our screens, and it’s National Gardening Week – what better excuse to tackle your weeds or start that vegetable patch you’ve been planning since ’02?
But if your hands are feeling irritated by the dirt and prickles, or your old pair of gloves have gone hard from water-logging, you’re going to want to invest in a new pair of gardening gloves.
From the pretty Jubilee Gloves to hardwearing leather gauntlets, here is our roundup of the ten best pairs to keep those green fingers clean, dry and safe from prickles.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Showa Floreo 370 are a reliable and comfortable choice for everyday work and we’re loving the pretty print on Joules’ pair, but, if you’re only going to buy one pair this year, it has to be Gold Leaf, the great all-rounder.
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine