Green fingers: 10 best gardening gloves
Love the garden but hate what it does to your hands? Here's our round-up of gloves to keep your hands protected
Friday 18 April 2014
The sun is shining, The Big Allotment Challenge is on our screens, and it’s National Gardening Week – what better excuse to tackle your weeds or start that vegetable patch you’ve been planning since ’02?
But if your hands are feeling irritated by the dirt and prickles, or your old pair of gloves have gone hard from water-logging, you’re going to want to invest in a new pair of gardening gloves.
From the pretty Jubilee Gloves to hardwearing leather gauntlets, here is our roundup of the ten best pairs to keep those green fingers clean, dry and safe from prickles.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Showa Floreo 370 are a reliable and comfortable choice for everyday work and we’re loving the pretty print on Joules’ pair, but, if you’re only going to buy one pair this year, it has to be Gold Leaf, the great all-rounder.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women