Green fingers: 10 best gardening gloves
Love the garden but hate what it does to your hands? Here's our round-up of gloves to keep your hands protected
Friday 18 April 2014
The sun is shining, The Big Allotment Challenge is on our screens, and it’s National Gardening Week – what better excuse to tackle your weeds or start that vegetable patch you’ve been planning since ’02?
But if your hands are feeling irritated by the dirt and prickles, or your old pair of gloves have gone hard from water-logging, you’re going to want to invest in a new pair of gardening gloves.
From the pretty Jubilee Gloves to hardwearing leather gauntlets, here is our roundup of the ten best pairs to keep those green fingers clean, dry and safe from prickles.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Showa Floreo 370 are a reliable and comfortable choice for everyday work and we’re loving the pretty print on Joules’ pair, but, if you’re only going to buy one pair this year, it has to be Gold Leaf, the great all-rounder.
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for