The 50 best museums & galleries
From secret spooks at Bletchley Park to sartorial splendour at the V&A, Rhiannon Batten presents the essential guide to the nation’s finest art, hidden history and coolest culture
Saturday 23 October 2010
Alice Jones is deputy arts editor of The Independent;
Simon Zimmerman works with Arts Council England’s Visual Arts Strategy team ( www.artscouncil.org.uk);
Justine Roberts is a co-founder of www.mumsnet.com whose readers have contributed recommendations.
Reader email: email@example.com
Click here or the image to launch our guide
Leave your comments and suggestion below
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- < Previous
- Next >