Hot lips: The best red lipsticks
Saturday 14 April 2012
1. Lipstick in Pleasure Me Red
Maybelline's lipsticks have a creamy consistency, thanks to the honey nectar. If you're not really a red-hot kinda girl, there are 23 other shades to choose from.
£7.19, Maybelline, available nationwide
2. Pocket Pen
This little wand gives you the option of a matte finish with the much-loved 'benetint' colour, or a shiny pout with the clear gloss.
£15.50, Benefit, benefitcosmetics.co.uk
3. Super-saturated high gloss lip colour
Apply this chubby pencil all over the lips to leave a lustrous red hue. Blot with tissue for a more subtle, day-time shade.
£14, Urban Decay, urbandecay.co.uk
4. Lip cover in No 19 Brick Red
If a pillar-box shade scares, take baby steps towards a rouge pout with this lightweight but intensely pigmented lipstick.
£22.50, Burberry, harrods.com
5. Pretty Amazing lip colour in Upper Class Red
Virgin Atlantic's signature colour has been immortalised in make-up. The long-lasting lacquer is currently only available at the airline's Clubhouse Spas, but will be stocked by Bare Minerals later in the year.
£15, Bare Minerals, virgin-atlantic.com
6. Lipstick in Tulip
Containing lauroyl lysine which is impervious to water and oil, you're guaranteed a long-lasting colour.
£25, Chantecaille, uk.spacenk.com
Justin Bieber was one of the hardest hit
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...