Hot lips: The best red lipsticks
Saturday 14 April 2012
1. Lipstick in Pleasure Me Red
Maybelline's lipsticks have a creamy consistency, thanks to the honey nectar. If you're not really a red-hot kinda girl, there are 23 other shades to choose from.
£7.19, Maybelline, available nationwide
2. Pocket Pen
This little wand gives you the option of a matte finish with the much-loved 'benetint' colour, or a shiny pout with the clear gloss.
£15.50, Benefit, benefitcosmetics.co.uk
3. Super-saturated high gloss lip colour
Apply this chubby pencil all over the lips to leave a lustrous red hue. Blot with tissue for a more subtle, day-time shade.
£14, Urban Decay, urbandecay.co.uk
4. Lip cover in No 19 Brick Red
If a pillar-box shade scares, take baby steps towards a rouge pout with this lightweight but intensely pigmented lipstick.
£22.50, Burberry, harrods.com
5. Pretty Amazing lip colour in Upper Class Red
Virgin Atlantic's signature colour has been immortalised in make-up. The long-lasting lacquer is currently only available at the airline's Clubhouse Spas, but will be stocked by Bare Minerals later in the year.
£15, Bare Minerals, virgin-atlantic.com
6. Lipstick in Tulip
Containing lauroyl lysine which is impervious to water and oil, you're guaranteed a long-lasting colour.
£25, Chantecaille, uk.spacenk.com
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...