Hot lips: The best red lipsticks
Saturday 14 April 2012
1. Lipstick in Pleasure Me Red
Maybelline's lipsticks have a creamy consistency, thanks to the honey nectar. If you're not really a red-hot kinda girl, there are 23 other shades to choose from.
£7.19, Maybelline, available nationwide
2. Pocket Pen
This little wand gives you the option of a matte finish with the much-loved 'benetint' colour, or a shiny pout with the clear gloss.
£15.50, Benefit, benefitcosmetics.co.uk
3. Super-saturated high gloss lip colour
Apply this chubby pencil all over the lips to leave a lustrous red hue. Blot with tissue for a more subtle, day-time shade.
£14, Urban Decay, urbandecay.co.uk
4. Lip cover in No 19 Brick Red
If a pillar-box shade scares, take baby steps towards a rouge pout with this lightweight but intensely pigmented lipstick.
£22.50, Burberry, harrods.com
5. Pretty Amazing lip colour in Upper Class Red
Virgin Atlantic's signature colour has been immortalised in make-up. The long-lasting lacquer is currently only available at the airline's Clubhouse Spas, but will be stocked by Bare Minerals later in the year.
£15, Bare Minerals, virgin-atlantic.com
6. Lipstick in Tulip
Containing lauroyl lysine which is impervious to water and oil, you're guaranteed a long-lasting colour.
£25, Chantecaille, uk.spacenk.com
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...