We need to think harder about how we target perpetrators
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 12 March 2009
A university clerk accused of sucking the blood from the arm of a teenager he bit into has been cleared of assault.
Monday 09 February 2009
Sunday 07 December 2008
Nigeria has cracked down on the abuse of children branded as witches after a British investigation into the practice. A man calling himself "the bishop", who said he had killed more than 100 people possessed by the devil, has been arrested.
Sunday 09 November 2008
Friday 31 October 2008
Bile flowed in the veins of this restless moralist, who disappeared mysteriously in 1913.
Sunday 19 October 2008
Thursday 28 August 2008
Anna Goeldi was executed for being a witch more than 220 years ago, the last one beheaded in Europe. On Wednesday, the Swiss cleared her name. The parliament of the Swiss canton (state) of Glarus decided unanimously to exonerate Goeldi as a victim of "judicial murder", said Josef Schwitter, a government spokesman.
Tuesday 05 August 2008
Having taken a straw poll of a number of people who witnessed the Jim Rose Circus in its Nineties heyday, it seems that the ringmaster of the weird has lost the crack in his whip.
Thursday 24 January 2008
Wednesday 16 January 2008
Tuesday 06 June 2006
Poor old England are not having an easy time of it ahead of this weekend's opening Test against Australia. Deflated by news from the Churchill Cup tournament in Canada, where the laughably rebranded "Saxons" lost a second-string international to a team of Picts masquerading as Scotland A, and thoroughly depressed by the New South Wales deluge that disrupted their training here yesterday, Andy Robinson's tourists were further dismayed by a snippet of information from the Wallaby camp. John Eales is back.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial