8 best apps for writers on iOS
From Apple’s complete word processing software to a mind-mapper for creatives, here's our rundown of clever apps for all writers, students or professionals, to use
Friday 06 June 2014
No longer are writers shackled to their notebook or desk. Nowadays its more likely to be the phone in our pocket or the tablet in our bag.
From apps that help to focus the mind editing, taking you through line by line, to cloud services that mean you can access your work anywhere, we showcase the 10 must-have apps for any budding writer using iOS devices.
In terms of mastering writing on the go there's nothing better than Apple's homegrown app, Pages. But for creative exploration, Mindly definitely helps in plotting out characters and their arcs.
2. Pages, £6.99
4. iBooks, free
5. Mindly, free
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
- 1 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 2 It won’t work, Jeremy: The Health Secretary has lost the confidence of the medical profession in his attempt to reform the NHS
- 3 Uber's real-time nearby cars map is fake, data experts claim
- 4 Kim Jong-un awarded global statesmanship prize by Indonesia
- 5 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state