10 best bikinis
Get ready for the beach and treat yourself to some new swimwear
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She's Content Producer and online fashion writer. In the past, she's worked in different areas across the website, including editor of mobile app Independent Plus.
Wednesday 07 May 2014
Bikini shopping doesn’t need to be a traumatic experience, particularly with so many mix and match pieces on the high street.
We’ve rounded-up a range of styles and shapes to suit all figures and budgets. From Zara’s simple-as-they-come white bikini to River Island’s blingy two-piece, we hope there’s something you’ll want to wear around the pool or on the beach.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a bikini that will last you years and will stay put whether you’re swimming or playing a vigorous game of bat and ball, try Seafolly’s designs. If it’s value you want, Dorothy Perkins’ red floral number looks much more expensive than the price tag and the bold but pretty print will ensure you stand out on holiday.
9. Asos spotty halter fuller bust bikini, top £16
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 Refugee crisis: Sweden the only European country with a majority favourable towards non-EU immigration
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Malnourished two-year-old found being breastfed by dog in Chile
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 YouTube video shows woman verbally abusing takeaway staff 'because they used green peppers'