10 best products for colour-treated hair
Fed up with fading colour and brassy highlights? We look at some hard-working products to keep your perfect shade
You’ve invested precious pounds into dyeing your hair the perfect shade, but, a few weeks later, bleached blonde highlights are turning brassy or your vibrant red colour starts to look washed out.
Unfortunately, coloured hair has many enemies, whether it’s chemical shampoos, chlorine, heat exposure from those straighteners, or just the sun. Thankfully, there are lots of products out there to help give your hair that little extra bit of TLC to keep your colour bright and your locks in good condition.
From L’Oreal to Nicky Clarke, we’ve tried and tested as many as we could get our hands on to find our ten best products for coloured hair.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you don’t have a lot of spare cash to spend on hair care, L’Oreal Paris’ Elvive Colour Protect Range is our go-to choice for everyday use on any colour hair. But if you’ve got a bit more to invest in maintaining and enhancing that perfect tone, we’d recommend Bed Head Colour Goddess for brunettes and redheads and John Frieda Sheer Blonde for - you’ve guessed it - blondes.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night