10 best products for colour-treated hair
Fed up with fading colour and brassy highlights? We look at some hard-working products to keep your perfect shade
Tuesday 27 May 2014
You’ve invested precious pounds into dyeing your hair the perfect shade, but, a few weeks later, bleached blonde highlights are turning brassy or your vibrant red colour starts to look washed out.
Unfortunately, coloured hair has many enemies, whether it’s chemical shampoos, chlorine, heat exposure from those straighteners, or just the sun. Thankfully, there are lots of products out there to help give your hair that little extra bit of TLC to keep your colour bright and your locks in good condition.
From L’Oreal to Nicky Clarke, we’ve tried and tested as many as we could get our hands on to find our ten best products for coloured hair.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you don’t have a lot of spare cash to spend on hair care, L’Oreal Paris’ Elvive Colour Protect Range is our go-to choice for everyday use on any colour hair. But if you’ve got a bit more to invest in maintaining and enhancing that perfect tone, we’d recommend Bed Head Colour Goddess for brunettes and redheads and John Frieda Sheer Blonde for - you’ve guessed it - blondes.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh