10 best products for colour-treated hair
Fed up with fading colour and brassy highlights? We look at some hard-working products to keep your perfect shade
Tuesday 27 May 2014
You’ve invested precious pounds into dyeing your hair the perfect shade, but, a few weeks later, bleached blonde highlights are turning brassy or your vibrant red colour starts to look washed out.
Unfortunately, coloured hair has many enemies, whether it’s chemical shampoos, chlorine, heat exposure from those straighteners, or just the sun. Thankfully, there are lots of products out there to help give your hair that little extra bit of TLC to keep your colour bright and your locks in good condition.
From L’Oreal to Nicky Clarke, we’ve tried and tested as many as we could get our hands on to find our ten best products for coloured hair.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you don’t have a lot of spare cash to spend on hair care, L’Oreal Paris’ Elvive Colour Protect Range is our go-to choice for everyday use on any colour hair. But if you’ve got a bit more to invest in maintaining and enhancing that perfect tone, we’d recommend Bed Head Colour Goddess for brunettes and redheads and John Frieda Sheer Blonde for - you’ve guessed it - blondes.
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness