The 10 Best cycling gear
Whether you want to look like Wiggo or Trott, or just need a new pair of shorts to get sweaty in, we have the kit for you
1. Team GB jersey
You might not be as quick as Wiggins, Trott or Hoy, but you can at least attempt to look the part by wearing their clobber. Due back in the shops soon.
2. Vaude Contour gloves
Not all surfaces are as smooth as the Olympic Velodrome. These have ergonomic silicon pads to give great hold and help minimise shock through your frame.
3. Ronhill Vizion Windlite jacket
Lightweight, fluorescent jacket ideal for the commuter. It will keep the wind and rain at bay as the nights draw in.
4. Black Star women's jersey
Hi-vis is all well and, but often something a little more stylish is in order. This isn't only well-cut, but also has curved rear pockets for your pump and other gear.
5. Stellar women's jacket
Waterproof jacket in purple, ideal for summer showers. It's breathable, so you won't roast. Long sleeves, high collar, waterproof zip and useful back panel.
6. D'Arcs Triple glasses set
A good pair of glasses won't just keep the late summer sun at bay, but will also protect you from pollution and sooty car emissions that can get in your eyes.
7. Adidas Clima 365 2-in-1 shorts
Lycra under-layer will hug your legs and bum. Outer layer means those who cycle to work don't need to flash their colleagues.
8. Rapha Country men's jersey
Made from high-wicking sportwool, so it will keep you cool on summer and spring rides. Available in the colours of Europe's great cycling nations.
9. Altura women's Ascent baggy shorts
Lightweight and stretchy with a removable padded inner short. Perfect for comfort during a long day in the saddle.
10. Specialized BG sport road shoe
Cleated cycling shoes aren't for everyone but this pair are ideal for newcomers. Not too daunting and they clip on and off easily.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet