The 10 Best cycling gear
Whether you want to look like Wiggo or Trott, or just need a new pair of shorts to get sweaty in, we have the kit for you
1. Team GB jersey
You might not be as quick as Wiggins, Trott or Hoy, but you can at least attempt to look the part by wearing their clobber. Due back in the shops soon.
2. Vaude Contour gloves
Not all surfaces are as smooth as the Olympic Velodrome. These have ergonomic silicon pads to give great hold and help minimise shock through your frame.
3. Ronhill Vizion Windlite jacket
Lightweight, fluorescent jacket ideal for the commuter. It will keep the wind and rain at bay as the nights draw in.
4. Black Star women's jersey
Hi-vis is all well and, but often something a little more stylish is in order. This isn't only well-cut, but also has curved rear pockets for your pump and other gear.
5. Stellar women's jacket
Waterproof jacket in purple, ideal for summer showers. It's breathable, so you won't roast. Long sleeves, high collar, waterproof zip and useful back panel.
6. D'Arcs Triple glasses set
A good pair of glasses won't just keep the late summer sun at bay, but will also protect you from pollution and sooty car emissions that can get in your eyes.
7. Adidas Clima 365 2-in-1 shorts
Lycra under-layer will hug your legs and bum. Outer layer means those who cycle to work don't need to flash their colleagues.
8. Rapha Country men's jersey
Made from high-wicking sportwool, so it will keep you cool on summer and spring rides. Available in the colours of Europe's great cycling nations.
9. Altura women's Ascent baggy shorts
Lightweight and stretchy with a removable padded inner short. Perfect for comfort during a long day in the saddle.
10. Specialized BG sport road shoe
Cleated cycling shoes aren't for everyone but this pair are ideal for newcomers. Not too daunting and they clip on and off easily.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 Prince Harry leaving the armed forced to pursue conservation projects in Africa
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory