The 10 Best cycling gear
Whether you want to look like Wiggo or Trott, or just need a new pair of shorts to get sweaty in, we have the kit for you
1. Team GB jersey
You might not be as quick as Wiggins, Trott or Hoy, but you can at least attempt to look the part by wearing their clobber. Due back in the shops soon.
2. Vaude Contour gloves
Not all surfaces are as smooth as the Olympic Velodrome. These have ergonomic silicon pads to give great hold and help minimise shock through your frame.
3. Ronhill Vizion Windlite jacket
Lightweight, fluorescent jacket ideal for the commuter. It will keep the wind and rain at bay as the nights draw in.
4. Black Star women's jersey
Hi-vis is all well and, but often something a little more stylish is in order. This isn't only well-cut, but also has curved rear pockets for your pump and other gear.
5. Stellar women's jacket
Waterproof jacket in purple, ideal for summer showers. It's breathable, so you won't roast. Long sleeves, high collar, waterproof zip and useful back panel.
6. D'Arcs Triple glasses set
A good pair of glasses won't just keep the late summer sun at bay, but will also protect you from pollution and sooty car emissions that can get in your eyes.
7. Adidas Clima 365 2-in-1 shorts
Lycra under-layer will hug your legs and bum. Outer layer means those who cycle to work don't need to flash their colleagues.
8. Rapha Country men's jersey
Made from high-wicking sportwool, so it will keep you cool on summer and spring rides. Available in the colours of Europe's great cycling nations.
9. Altura women's Ascent baggy shorts
Lightweight and stretchy with a removable padded inner short. Perfect for comfort during a long day in the saddle.
10. Specialized BG sport road shoe
Cleated cycling shoes aren't for everyone but this pair are ideal for newcomers. Not too daunting and they clip on and off easily.
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her