The 10 Best cycling gear
Whether you want to look like Wiggo or Trott, or just need a new pair of shorts to get sweaty in, we have the kit for you
1. Team GB jersey
You might not be as quick as Wiggins, Trott or Hoy, but you can at least attempt to look the part by wearing their clobber. Due back in the shops soon.
2. Vaude Contour gloves
Not all surfaces are as smooth as the Olympic Velodrome. These have ergonomic silicon pads to give great hold and help minimise shock through your frame.
3. Ronhill Vizion Windlite jacket
Lightweight, fluorescent jacket ideal for the commuter. It will keep the wind and rain at bay as the nights draw in.
4. Black Star women's jersey
Hi-vis is all well and, but often something a little more stylish is in order. This isn't only well-cut, but also has curved rear pockets for your pump and other gear.
5. Stellar women's jacket
Waterproof jacket in purple, ideal for summer showers. It's breathable, so you won't roast. Long sleeves, high collar, waterproof zip and useful back panel.
6. D'Arcs Triple glasses set
A good pair of glasses won't just keep the late summer sun at bay, but will also protect you from pollution and sooty car emissions that can get in your eyes.
7. Adidas Clima 365 2-in-1 shorts
Lycra under-layer will hug your legs and bum. Outer layer means those who cycle to work don't need to flash their colleagues.
8. Rapha Country men's jersey
Made from high-wicking sportwool, so it will keep you cool on summer and spring rides. Available in the colours of Europe's great cycling nations.
9. Altura women's Ascent baggy shorts
Lightweight and stretchy with a removable padded inner short. Perfect for comfort during a long day in the saddle.
10. Specialized BG sport road shoe
Cleated cycling shoes aren't for everyone but this pair are ideal for newcomers. Not too daunting and they clip on and off easily.
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.