The 10 Best cycling gear
Whether you want to look like Wiggo or Trott, or just need a new pair of shorts to get sweaty in, we have the kit for you
1. Team GB jersey
You might not be as quick as Wiggins, Trott or Hoy, but you can at least attempt to look the part by wearing their clobber. Due back in the shops soon.
2. Vaude Contour gloves
Not all surfaces are as smooth as the Olympic Velodrome. These have ergonomic silicon pads to give great hold and help minimise shock through your frame.
3. Ronhill Vizion Windlite jacket
Lightweight, fluorescent jacket ideal for the commuter. It will keep the wind and rain at bay as the nights draw in.
4. Black Star women's jersey
Hi-vis is all well and, but often something a little more stylish is in order. This isn't only well-cut, but also has curved rear pockets for your pump and other gear.
5. Stellar women's jacket
Waterproof jacket in purple, ideal for summer showers. It's breathable, so you won't roast. Long sleeves, high collar, waterproof zip and useful back panel.
6. D'Arcs Triple glasses set
A good pair of glasses won't just keep the late summer sun at bay, but will also protect you from pollution and sooty car emissions that can get in your eyes.
7. Adidas Clima 365 2-in-1 shorts
Lycra under-layer will hug your legs and bum. Outer layer means those who cycle to work don't need to flash their colleagues.
8. Rapha Country men's jersey
Made from high-wicking sportwool, so it will keep you cool on summer and spring rides. Available in the colours of Europe's great cycling nations.
9. Altura women's Ascent baggy shorts
Lightweight and stretchy with a removable padded inner short. Perfect for comfort during a long day in the saddle.
10. Specialized BG sport road shoe
Cleated cycling shoes aren't for everyone but this pair are ideal for newcomers. Not too daunting and they clip on and off easily.
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson