Style up: 10 best hair tools
Want to make a style statement this year? Try one of these curlers, stylers and straighteners on your locks to start 2014 with a new do
Friday 03 January 2014
If you want a new look, without the cost of a visit to the hairdressers, there are some nifty tools to help you. From good-value, easy-to-use staples like Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, to the industry's favourite Cloud 9 straighteners, there's something out there for all DIY stylists.
Different hairdressers will have their favourites, but all the tools on this list appear for being straightforward to use and providing professional looking results.
With straighteners, you do tend to get what you pay for - the GHD Wonderland are almost £100. If you want something that looks fun too, you can't overlook the snazzy leopard print Corioliss C3.
Curlers have come a long way in recent years with Enrapture and Babyliss Pro leading the pack when it comes to getting easy-to-create results. And the humble hairdryer and hairbrush have had an upgrade - we found the powerful Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler cut down blow-dry time significantly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There's reason why GHD straighteners have led the field for more than a decade and they are still worth the investment. And it's always worth keeping your ear out for buzz around the newest on the market - if a top hairdresser is recommending a product they're not being paid to advertise then we should listen.
1. GHD Wonderland, £115
2. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver, £39.98
3. The O Ultimate Set, £199.95
4. Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler, £19.95
5. Corioliss C3 Gold Leopard Straightening Iron, £68.91
6. Wahl Ceramic Coated Slim Straighteners, £18.08
7. Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, £24.99
9. Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl, £170
10. Cloud 9 Touch, £99
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >