Style up: 10 best hair tools
Want to make a style statement this year? Try one of these curlers, stylers and straighteners on your locks to start 2014 with a new do
Friday 03 January 2014
If you want a new look, without the cost of a visit to the hairdressers, there are some nifty tools to help you. From good-value, easy-to-use staples like Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, to the industry's favourite Cloud 9 straighteners, there's something out there for all DIY stylists.
Different hairdressers will have their favourites, but all the tools on this list appear for being straightforward to use and providing professional looking results.
With straighteners, you do tend to get what you pay for - the GHD Wonderland are almost £100. If you want something that looks fun too, you can't overlook the snazzy leopard print Corioliss C3.
Curlers have come a long way in recent years with Enrapture and Babyliss Pro leading the pack when it comes to getting easy-to-create results. And the humble hairdryer and hairbrush have had an upgrade - we found the powerful Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler cut down blow-dry time significantly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There's reason why GHD straighteners have led the field for more than a decade and they are still worth the investment. And it's always worth keeping your ear out for buzz around the newest on the market - if a top hairdresser is recommending a product they're not being paid to advertise then we should listen.
1. GHD Wonderland, £115
2. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver, £39.98
3. The O Ultimate Set, £199.95
4. Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler, £19.95
5. Corioliss C3 Gold Leopard Straightening Iron, £68.91
6. Wahl Ceramic Coated Slim Straighteners, £18.08
7. Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, £24.99
9. Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl, £170
10. Cloud 9 Touch, £99
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia