Style up: 10 best hair tools
Want to make a style statement this year? Try one of these curlers, stylers and straighteners on your locks to start 2014 with a new do
Friday 03 January 2014
If you want a new look, without the cost of a visit to the hairdressers, there are some nifty tools to help you. From good-value, easy-to-use staples like Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, to the industry's favourite Cloud 9 straighteners, there's something out there for all DIY stylists.
Different hairdressers will have their favourites, but all the tools on this list appear for being straightforward to use and providing professional looking results.
With straighteners, you do tend to get what you pay for - the GHD Wonderland are almost £100. If you want something that looks fun too, you can't overlook the snazzy leopard print Corioliss C3.
Curlers have come a long way in recent years with Enrapture and Babyliss Pro leading the pack when it comes to getting easy-to-create results. And the humble hairdryer and hairbrush have had an upgrade - we found the powerful Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler cut down blow-dry time significantly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There's reason why GHD straighteners have led the field for more than a decade and they are still worth the investment. And it's always worth keeping your ear out for buzz around the newest on the market - if a top hairdresser is recommending a product they're not being paid to advertise then we should listen.
1. GHD Wonderland, £115
2. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver, £39.98
3. The O Ultimate Set, £199.95
4. Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler, £19.95
5. Corioliss C3 Gold Leopard Straightening Iron, £68.91
6. Wahl Ceramic Coated Slim Straighteners, £18.08
7. Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, £24.99
9. Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl, £170
10. Cloud 9 Touch, £99
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >