Style up: 10 best hair tools
Want to make a style statement this year? Try one of these curlers, stylers and straighteners on your locks to start 2014 with a new do
Friday 03 January 2014
If you want a new look, without the cost of a visit to the hairdressers, there are some nifty tools to help you. From good-value, easy-to-use staples like Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, to the industry's favourite Cloud 9 straighteners, there's something out there for all DIY stylists.
Different hairdressers will have their favourites, but all the tools on this list appear for being straightforward to use and providing professional looking results.
With straighteners, you do tend to get what you pay for - the GHD Wonderland are almost £100. If you want something that looks fun too, you can't overlook the snazzy leopard print Corioliss C3.
Curlers have come a long way in recent years with Enrapture and Babyliss Pro leading the pack when it comes to getting easy-to-create results. And the humble hairdryer and hairbrush have had an upgrade - we found the powerful Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler cut down blow-dry time significantly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There's reason why GHD straighteners have led the field for more than a decade and they are still worth the investment. And it's always worth keeping your ear out for buzz around the newest on the market - if a top hairdresser is recommending a product they're not being paid to advertise then we should listen.
1. GHD Wonderland, £115
2. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver, £39.98
3. The O Ultimate Set, £199.95
4. Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler, £19.95
5. Corioliss C3 Gold Leopard Straightening Iron, £68.91
6. Wahl Ceramic Coated Slim Straighteners, £18.08
7. Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, £24.99
9. Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl, £170
10. Cloud 9 Touch, £99
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'