Style up: 10 best hair tools
Want to make a style statement this year? Try one of these curlers, stylers and straighteners on your locks to start 2014 with a new do
Friday 03 January 2014
If you want a new look, without the cost of a visit to the hairdressers, there are some nifty tools to help you. From good-value, easy-to-use staples like Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, to the industry's favourite Cloud 9 straighteners, there's something out there for all DIY stylists.
Different hairdressers will have their favourites, but all the tools on this list appear for being straightforward to use and providing professional looking results.
With straighteners, you do tend to get what you pay for - the GHD Wonderland are almost £100. If you want something that looks fun too, you can't overlook the snazzy leopard print Corioliss C3.
Curlers have come a long way in recent years with Enrapture and Babyliss Pro leading the pack when it comes to getting easy-to-create results. And the humble hairdryer and hairbrush have had an upgrade - we found the powerful Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler cut down blow-dry time significantly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There's reason why GHD straighteners have led the field for more than a decade and they are still worth the investment. And it's always worth keeping your ear out for buzz around the newest on the market - if a top hairdresser is recommending a product they're not being paid to advertise then we should listen.
1. GHD Wonderland, £115
2. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver, £39.98
3. The O Ultimate Set, £199.95
4. Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler, £19.95
5. Corioliss C3 Gold Leopard Straightening Iron, £68.91
6. Wahl Ceramic Coated Slim Straighteners, £18.08
7. Babyliss Pro Curling Wand, £24.99
9. Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl, £170
10. Cloud 9 Touch, £99
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed