10 best baking books
Planning a spot of baking this bank holiday weekend? From old favourites to new releases, here’s ten cookbooks for you
Thursday 17 April 2014
Whether yours are pristine and in alphabetical order on your kitchen shelf or splattered with cake mix and full of crumbs, every baker loves a good cookbook. But with the sheer number of books on offer, choosing one that is full of great recipes to show off your culinary skills can be difficult.
From the classic Hummingbird Bakery, to the experimental Meringue Girls (meringues are the new macarons, don’t you know) and the trendy Scandilicious Baking, we’ve put together the ten best baking books to suit every level, budget and interest that you’ll want to have on your kitchen shelf.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re baffled by the difference between beating and folding or daunted by the idea of achieving the perfect rise, Mary Berry’s Baking Bible is the perfect book to hold your hand through the basics. But if you’re already a confident baker looking to expand your repertoire, John Whaite Bakes at Home should be top of your wishlist.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'