10 best baking books
Planning a spot of baking this bank holiday weekend? From old favourites to new releases, here’s ten cookbooks for you
Thursday 17 April 2014
Whether yours are pristine and in alphabetical order on your kitchen shelf or splattered with cake mix and full of crumbs, every baker loves a good cookbook. But with the sheer number of books on offer, choosing one that is full of great recipes to show off your culinary skills can be difficult.
From the classic Hummingbird Bakery, to the experimental Meringue Girls (meringues are the new macarons, don’t you know) and the trendy Scandilicious Baking, we’ve put together the ten best baking books to suit every level, budget and interest that you’ll want to have on your kitchen shelf.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re baffled by the difference between beating and folding or daunted by the idea of achieving the perfect rise, Mary Berry’s Baking Bible is the perfect book to hold your hand through the basics. But if you’re already a confident baker looking to expand your repertoire, John Whaite Bakes at Home should be top of your wishlist.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway