10 best baking books
Planning a spot of baking this bank holiday weekend? From old favourites to new releases, here’s ten cookbooks for you
Thursday 17 April 2014
Whether yours are pristine and in alphabetical order on your kitchen shelf or splattered with cake mix and full of crumbs, every baker loves a good cookbook. But with the sheer number of books on offer, choosing one that is full of great recipes to show off your culinary skills can be difficult.
From the classic Hummingbird Bakery, to the experimental Meringue Girls (meringues are the new macarons, don’t you know) and the trendy Scandilicious Baking, we’ve put together the ten best baking books to suit every level, budget and interest that you’ll want to have on your kitchen shelf.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re baffled by the difference between beating and folding or daunted by the idea of achieving the perfect rise, Mary Berry’s Baking Bible is the perfect book to hold your hand through the basics. But if you’re already a confident baker looking to expand your repertoire, John Whaite Bakes at Home should be top of your wishlist.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'