On the wagon: 10 best non-alcoholic drinks
What do you serve all those who’ve given up the booze this January? We think these virgin tipples won’t look out of place on a dinner table
Sunday 19 January 2014
January, the month where scores of us up and down the country turn our nose up at the strong stuff in favour of healthier alternatives. But there's only so much orange juice and sparkling water you can stomach. Luckily there are plenty of alternatives out there. We’ve sipped our way through the options, from warming Rochester ginger ale to light and fragrant Belvoir organic elderflower and rose.
If you're on the wagon yourself this month, or pulling your hair out for what you can offer sober dinner-party guests, then here are our 10 favourite non-alcoholic drinks for grown-ups.
We think Peter Spanton's acai berry port-alternative will wow dinner guests, while Luscombe offers a great variety for you to work your way through. But the Feel Good mocktail range is brilliant for injecting a bit of fun into dismal January – and you can enjoy knowing you won’t have the hangover the next day.
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations