Easy eating: 10 best ready-made soups
For a quick and warming lunch or simple supper, try one of these delicious soups
When you need a tasty but lighter meal in a hurry, a bowl of soup is just the thing. And while we’re big fans of making our own, there are a huge variety of innovative and interesting flavour combos out there.
From a new twist on an old favourite like Heinz Cream of Tomato with a Kick of Chilli to combinations we didn’t realise were missing from our lives, like Glorious! West African Chicken and Peanut, we’ve scoured the shelves for the tastiest.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: The Pate Cawl Nain Soup from Patchwork is filling and very tasty but for decadence, go for Tideford’s Smoked Haddock Chowder with Organic Leeks & Peas. For a light lunch this spring, New Covent Garden’s Skinny Goan Chicken and Lentils makes a delicious, guilt-free bowl.
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
- 1 National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 4 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 5 Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston says why he left the BBC series after just one series