Easy eating: 10 best ready-made soups
For a quick and warming lunch or simple supper, try one of these delicious soups
When you need a tasty but lighter meal in a hurry, a bowl of soup is just the thing. And while we’re big fans of making our own, there are a huge variety of innovative and interesting flavour combos out there.
From a new twist on an old favourite like Heinz Cream of Tomato with a Kick of Chilli to combinations we didn’t realise were missing from our lives, like Glorious! West African Chicken and Peanut, we’ve scoured the shelves for the tastiest.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: The Pate Cawl Nain Soup from Patchwork is filling and very tasty but for decadence, go for Tideford’s Smoked Haddock Chowder with Organic Leeks & Peas. For a light lunch this spring, New Covent Garden’s Skinny Goan Chicken and Lentils makes a delicious, guilt-free bowl.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope