10 best alarm clocks
Take the pain out of an early morning wake-up call with one of these stylish time pieces
Tuesday 03 June 2014
Wakey, wakey rise and shine. If, in fact, the more likely scenario is waking up just in the nick of time for work, school, the school run or wherever else you have to be, then it could be time to invest in a decent alarm clock – unlike relying on your phone, it will add interest to your room, the battery won’t die in the night and you can choose to wake up to radio or music.
Whether you want something traditional or contemporary, digital or conventional, we’ve got it covered. What you won’t find in our list, however, are clocks that aren’t value for money, that don’t last, that have annoyingly loud ticks or ridiculously bright LCD displays.
So rest assured (sorry, couldn’t resist) you’ll find something here to suit your needs, even if you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder or need something to double up as a charger for your smart phone while you sleep.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Gingko Cube is as cool as it gets in the world of alarm clocks. Then again, The White Company’s Small Karlsson Alarm Clock is also aesthetically pleasing and it is built to last.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve