10 best alarm clocks
Take the pain out of an early morning wake-up call with one of these stylish time pieces
Tuesday 03 June 2014
Wakey, wakey rise and shine. If, in fact, the more likely scenario is waking up just in the nick of time for work, school, the school run or wherever else you have to be, then it could be time to invest in a decent alarm clock – unlike relying on your phone, it will add interest to your room, the battery won’t die in the night and you can choose to wake up to radio or music.
Whether you want something traditional or contemporary, digital or conventional, we’ve got it covered. What you won’t find in our list, however, are clocks that aren’t value for money, that don’t last, that have annoyingly loud ticks or ridiculously bright LCD displays.
So rest assured (sorry, couldn’t resist) you’ll find something here to suit your needs, even if you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder or need something to double up as a charger for your smart phone while you sleep.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Gingko Cube is as cool as it gets in the world of alarm clocks. Then again, The White Company’s Small Karlsson Alarm Clock is also aesthetically pleasing and it is built to last.
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food