10 best record players for £100 or less
Vinyl records are experiencing a resurgence in a big way. Giles Bidder has a listen to find the sweetest-sounding players on the market while still leaving you some cash to grow your collection
Friday 18 July 2014
For many of us, a house isn’t a home without a record player. The ongoing resurgence of record labels re-pressing your favourite LPs and 45’s – vinyl sales are now at a 15-year high - as well as new releases, means there are tons of new record players on the market for affordable prices.
So whether it’s Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ or Arctic Monkeys’ AM you’re looking to spin on a new stereo, we’ve found good-value, quality sounding machines. From iTek’s USB-compatible turntable for under £40 up to Crosley’s stylish portable version, we reckon you’ll find one that fuel your record-obsession.
Click on the gallery for the IndyBest list
The Crosley Cruiser is cool-looking portable record player which looks and sounds good anywhere you put it, while the ION Max turntable sounds great while making recording vinyl to MP3s an easy process.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh