Delicious: 10 best cooking apps
Fancy yourself as the next MasterChef? Find inspiration, store recipes and pick up tricky techniques with these apps
We all love our well-thumbed cookbook collections but, while tablets don’t take as kindly to being splattered with tomato sauce, there are some things that the humble book just can’t do.
Whether you’re exasperated by a recipe that’s measured in cups, baffled by the task of cutting an artichoke, or simply looking for like-minded foodies to share your culinary triumphs with, there’s an app for that.
We’ve tested some of the most popular cooking apps available, from the fool-proof Perfect Egg Timer to the drool-worthy Gojee, to drag your cooking into the twenty-first century.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re a bit of a novice in the kitchen or you seem to have a special talent for burning everything, The Photo Cookbook and Mary Berry Bakes are the perfect apps to hold your hand and guide you through step by step. But for the more experienced chef, you can’t beat Gojee for sheer inspiration.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'