Tweet up: 10 best bird houses
As the temperatures dip, the birds need our help. We round-up the most innovative (and occasionally bonkers) feeders and houses for our feathered friends
It’s no longer enough to scatter a handful of stale bread and provide a dish of water when the weather turns icy. Birds these days expect fat balls and specialist seeds, and have houses and feeders to match these extravagant tastes. From the Umbra Bird Café, a box that looks like it could be a gallery for modern art, to a Red Telephone Box feeder for feathered fans of Gilbert Scott, there's a set-up to suit every garden and budget.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you want the birds in your garden to tweet to their friends about your fancy bird table, and subtlety isn’t one of your concerns, the Backyard Bird Gazebo Feeder is the one for you. But for those who prefer to save our wildlife one bird at a time, the Eva Solo Mini Bird Feeder is the perfect stylish feeder.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights