Tweet up: 10 best bird houses
As the temperatures dip, the birds need our help. We round-up the most innovative (and occasionally bonkers) feeders and houses for our feathered friends
It’s no longer enough to scatter a handful of stale bread and provide a dish of water when the weather turns icy. Birds these days expect fat balls and specialist seeds, and have houses and feeders to match these extravagant tastes. From the Umbra Bird Café, a box that looks like it could be a gallery for modern art, to a Red Telephone Box feeder for feathered fans of Gilbert Scott, there's a set-up to suit every garden and budget.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you want the birds in your garden to tweet to their friends about your fancy bird table, and subtlety isn’t one of your concerns, the Backyard Bird Gazebo Feeder is the one for you. But for those who prefer to save our wildlife one bird at a time, the Eva Solo Mini Bird Feeder is the perfect stylish feeder.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 iPhone 6 review: bigger, thinner, faster, brighter - Apple proves you can make the best better
- 2 Sports Direct security guard allegedly banned Jewish schoolboys and told them: 'No Jews, no Jews'
- 3 Watch a man race the Circle line - and win
- 4 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 5 Kanye West halts concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled